Sound tube delete

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
i could not for the life of me rip this POS out. impressed some of you can. then again, ive got some skinny arse arms which is how i could jam it down there for hours to remove the nut. dont ever want to do this again. ever.
Pull and twist at the same time. It will come out right away.
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
"Lean Approach" to Block Sound

I have both the strut and K-brace on my vert. Has anyone just gone into the interior, found the sound opening, and blocked it off with some type of cap?

This way, my car stays stock-looking for the warranty, and interior noise is cut down.

Any ideas?

thanks

CVCashmere

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I recall reading a thread here where someone said you could plug the hole from inside the car....provided the sound tube was removed. I just removed my ST today, I'm pretty certain you aren't going to be able to plug it with ST still installed. I used the grip it and rip it method, the firewall nut wasn't worth the time and effort to remove. I had a skinny armed assistant who was able to get the gasket pushed into the firewall without much of a problem. Pack of 4 Black Rubber Leg Tips from Lowes size 7/8 -1 inch - $2.17. One Dorman 42098 master cylinder gasket from Auto Zone, $7.00. The sound inside the car is a bit quieter with a different tonal quality, much better. Total time, about 20 minutes.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is one of the most worthless threads on this site. Please kill this thread with fire and make a sticky.....

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Anyone notice any additional vibration in the pedals and floor board after doing this ? I wonder if that sound tube also added cabin pressure as I have a vibration now when I accelerate hard. Not bad but it wasn't there before. I definitely hear the exhaust more in terms car now even at idle and that wasn't possible before.

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Sound tube out with GT 350 intake install. Stock exhaust. Yes quieter in cabin. Will fix that with cutouts.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Anyone notice any additional vibration in the pedals and floor board after doing this ? I wonder if that sound tube also added cabin pressure as I have a vibration now when I accelerate hard. Not bad but it wasn't there before. I definitely hear the exhaust more in terms car now even at idle and that wasn't possible before.
Did you plug the hole it left?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Did you plug the hole it left?
Yes. I have just noticed a vibration in the clutch pedal and floorboards now that wasnt there before. Its definitely exhaust related as it seems to go based on the harmonics from the exhaust but there is no part of the exhaust thats been touched since I did the sound tube. I will check everything this weekend and see if something came loose as I also put an Airaid intake in at the same time but thats all real basic stuff so it had me thinking the harmonics in the cabin may have changed so I opened the window to see if that helped but it doesnt.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Prob the cai you installed changed the tone of the exhaust creating the harmonics. I have vibs as well but mine is clutch related im sure.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Prob the cai you installed changed the tone of the exhaust creating the harmonics. I have vibs as well but mine is clutch related im sure.
Good point. Its not really a big deal. Just something I noticed after making the switch. The sound tube is definitely not going back in even if its that. lol
Sponsored