Sponsored

2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 VS. 2017 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT350R: THE FOREVER WAR

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Don't know if this has already been shared.

Good reading, I'll leave it here:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...l1-vs-2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-review/

Best parts of my reading:
"And although I am not prone to embellishment, I am tempted to evaluate in terms of both sound and feel because the Shelby sounds five quintillion times better."

"As for the ZL1, save your tears and angry subscription-canceling letters. Look, Chevy knows they left something out on the playing field. That’s why the Camaro team is building the ZL1 1LE."

Dear Mods,
Please remove or move to another section as you see fit. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

topfinadv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Most people I would imagine on this forum has the non-r version of the car because there were less built and ADM's were crazy. Would like to know the car magazines thoughts vs the non-R vs ZL1.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got damn... the R is impressive. Guess this new ZL1 won't be making the ADM's on the R drop either :doh:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I suspect the ZL1 1LE will go the route of the ACR. It's going to be stupid fast on a track - but ultimately will not be as rewarding to drive as other cars. There are plenty of cars "faster" than the GT350R but none of them seem to get the "drivers car" attention the Mustang is getting right now. Who would have ever thought this day would come?

Bet GM is working hard on reducing weight on the 1LE.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Most people I would imagine on this forum has the non-r version of the car because there were less built and ADM's were crazy. Would like to know the car magazines thoughts vs the non-R vs ZL1.
-1. Personally could care less what a car magazine reviewer thinks. Will just go for a ride tonight.:)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I suspect the ZL1 1LE will go the route of the ACR. It's going to be stupid fast on a track - but ultimately will not be as rewarding to drive as other cars. There are plenty of cars "faster" than the GT350R but none of them seem to get the "drivers car" attention the Mustang is getting right now. Who would have ever thought this day would come?

The ZL1 1LE is supposed to be a hair under 3900lbs from my understanding. The GT350 is the new M3 of today. Or do we say the GT350 is now what the driver's car benchmark is (steering rack is still maybe a touch too numb though).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I learned a few words I'll most likely never, ever use.

excrescence
noun:excrescence; plural noun: excrescences
a distinct outgrowth on a human or animal body or on a plant, especially one that is the result of disease or abnormality.

palindrome
noun: a word, phrase, verse, or sentence that reads the same backward or forward. For example: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

sonorous
adjective:
1. Having or producing sound.
2. Having or producing a full, deep, or rich sound.
3. Impressive in style of speech: a sonorous oration.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I shared it early this morning but is was drowned out by the trim package naming silliness in the ZL1 Vs GT350R thread

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

I would think they wouldn't have to work too hard, just like the Z28 and the R, just take all of the goodies out and have a track car.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I learned a few words I'll most likely never, ever use.

excrescence
noun:excrescence; plural noun: excrescences
a distinct outgrowth on a human or animal body or on a plant, especially one that is the result of disease or abnormality.

palindrome
noun: a word, phrase, verse, or sentence that reads the same backward or forward. For example: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

sonorous
adjective:
1. Having or producing sound.
2. Having or producing a full, deep, or rich sound.
3. Impressive in style of speech: a sonorous oration.
a example of a palindrome is none of what you have. A palindrome would be madam, rotor, racecar..etc. It has to begin and end with the same letters.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
a example of a palindrome is none of what you have. A palindrome would be madam, rotor, racecar..etc. It has to begin and end with the same letters.
That wasn't a list of unrelated words, it was a palindrome. "For example: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!"

Oh, and I like the GT350 better than the ZL1 :ninja:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward as forward, such as madam or racecar

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Read this backwards

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama

Its the same so palindrome
Sponsored