So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks, I'll be contacting you probably next year on some wheels so you can help me out then. :):cheers:

I spent my mod budget on PPF, tinting and ceramic coating. I need to save the rest for some track days. Next spring though it'll be time for some lighter sweet looking wheels. :love:
Those were my first mods too. Mine went from dealer directly to wrap/tint.
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but did the low oil light/warning come on? Did you see the pressure drop at all?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Those were my first mods too. Mine went from dealer directly to wrap/tint.
Unfortunately, I had to wait a week, but I got lucky as I didn't get any rock chips or marring from anything. They were happy to get it so early because they barely had to do any paint correction. It's definitely worth it, but as you and others know it isn't cheap.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Thanks, I'll be contacting you probably next year on some wheels so you can help me out then. :):cheers:

I spent my mod budget on PPF, tinting and ceramic coating. I need to save the rest for some track days. Next spring though it'll be time for some lighter sweet looking wheels. :love:
No worries, whenever any of you guys need anything im here.

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but did the low oil light/warning come on? Did you see the pressure drop at all?
No light nothing, just happened. :frusty:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I never went low in the GT350 but I lost 6.5 quarts in my 16 Coyote and I got no warning light. My son forgot to remove the old oil filter gasket after an oil/filter change right before a 300 mile trip :(

I wonder if it comes on at 1 qt? Seems kind of risky.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Alright guys so their flying out a tech for inspection of the motor at the moment.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Paul or anyone else who has had this failure please find out what actually caused this issue. it seems lots of 2016 are the ones going down with these problems. As long as they replace the motor don't sweat it yet.
Way back in 2003 i had a Jaguar S Type R modified and the dealer did my oil change at 10k miles, the week after i took a long trip to MA and coming off an exit ramp downshifted and engine blew up. Oil pump failed, no indicator lights and connecting rod snapped. Towed home the car was also 6 quarts low, crazy and i still would love to know what happened after all these years how in 1 week after a fresh oil change the oil vanished.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Paul or anyone else who has had this failure please find out what actually caused this issue. it seems lots of 2016 are the ones going down with these problems. As long as they replace the motor don't sweat it yet.
Way back in 2003 i had a Jaguar S Type R modified and the dealer did my oil change at 10k miles, the week after i took a long trip to MA and coming off an exit ramp downshifted and engine blew up. Oil pump failed, no indicator lights and connecting rod snapped. Towed home the car was also 6 quarts low, crazy and i still would love to know what happened after all these years how in 1 week after a fresh oil change the oil vanished.
You got it ill ask some more questions, doesnt hurt to do so.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm also curious how multiple people have gone low on oil without the indicator light coming on. I'm used to BMW's which are very sensitive to the light coming on. Yellow oil light when you turn the car off means you're getting a little bit low. Yellow oil light while driving means you're low. Red oil light means you don't have oil pressure.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I'm also curious how multiple people have gone low on oil without the indicator light coming on. I'm used to BMW's which are very sensitive to the light coming on. Yellow oil light when you turn the car off means you're getting a little bit low. Yellow oil light while driving means you're low. Red oil light means you don't have oil pressure.
Whats after Red ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
So I got a call from the dealer, apparently they said this is normal and that it doesnt warrant a replacement. They had the dealer refill oil drive and drain and apparently no further material so their not replacing my motor but saying yes its normal.......

Im done
Sponsored