Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT cloth vs leather

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I went from a 2017 Mustang GT, to a 2017 Mustang GT PP Blacked Out (don't ask; but, God is good!!).

What I've noticed thus far are:
- it seems much easier to get in/out of the car
- the seat belt doesn't seem to choke me to death

So, is it merely because the Mustang is a PP, or simply leather 'feels' different, hence the ease to get in/out of the car?

Surely this isn't just me, right, a mental thing?

Thanks
Ivan
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Leather is slippery compared to cloth.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI based on what you said in another thread, I think your car is just a Premium, not a PP (performance pack).

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, yes you're right.
However, I was under the impression that there was TWO, i.e.:

PP - Premium Package
PP - Performance Pack

Now I'm starting to understand that Premium Package, is just an edition of the Mustang range. Whereas Performance Pack, is an actual package.

Yep, still learning ;)

Just an FYI based on what you said in another thread, I think your car is just a Premium, not a PP (performance pack).

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
There's a bunch of ways to shorten everything like PP2 maybe but then we might think you mean you added the power pack instead!

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
It's probably just you. The only thing I don't like about leather is you have to be a little more mindful about how you get in/out if you want to avoid really bad bolster wear. I am always careful + condition the leather at least every 2 weeks.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
The only down side of the leather, at least on mine, is that it seems to leave as imprint after I get up. The leather is like permanently bunched/wrinkled on the seat bottom now. I only have 5k miles on the car, it's been that was since I bought it. I might bring it in to Ford, I don't think the seat should have imprints in it already. My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee leather has held up better. My passenger seat which is rarely used still looks perfect.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
The only down side of the leather, at least on mine, is that it seems to leave as imprint after I get up. The leather is like permanently bunched/wrinkled on the seat bottom now. I only have 5k miles on the car, it's been that was since I bought it. I might bring it in to Ford, I don't think the seat should have imprints in it already. My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee leather has held up better. My passenger seat which is rarely used still looks perfect.
Probably one of the plus side to the CS seats is the suede inserts in the seats. No bottom leather to get bunched up!

Sponsored

Grabber By The Bluesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium
I wish I didnt go premium. The leather isn't great and the cooled seats don't do squat.

Also now somehow I got a vertical scratch about 3 inches long on the drivers seat. :headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably one of the plus side to the CS seats is the suede inserts in the seats. No bottom leather to get bunched up!
Yeah, I would have liked those seats instead.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I didnt go premium. The leather isn't great and the cooled seats don't do squat.

Also now somehow I got a vertical scratch about 3 inches long on the drivers seat. :headbonk: :headbonk: :headbonk:
I have a few small scuffs from the seatbelt. I thought about trying shoe polish in one of the smaller spots to see if that would work.