Sponsored

Whats with this Tomei Titanium Exhaust?

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Found this on my FB page and think it looks like a interesting exhaust option. And it's cheaper than most exhaust systems out there.
what do you guys think?

Tomei Expreme TI exhaust system is now available for the Mustang Ecoboost. 45+ pounds of weight savings over the factory. Full titanium construction and 3.15" tubing.

https://www.vividracing.com/blog/an...tang-ecoboost-2015-expreme-ti-exhaust-system/
Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I'm excited they have finally announced it.

I have had it on my car for a few months now. I LOVE IT.

Somehow it is quieter than the COBB when I am driving around, but makes a good tone under WOT.

We should have a proper video with sound clips done on it relatively soon.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Cell phone pics, the best I have right now.

I dont have the exhaust CF garnish on my car because at the time they only had one made for the base model bumper. Based on my feedback they opted to make one for the Premium cars as well. I should be getting my garnish installed in the next few days.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
They forgot to mention that the weight savings is due to the fact it is half the size as the fac piece. No mention of grade or where it is sourced. I sure as hell dont find it impressive.

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I saw the garnish on the Co. website. It looks awful...Another Titanium tip for the other side is the only look I could accept, for a reasonable cost of course. Perhaps I may have a buddy of min take a look at my rear bumper and see what he suggests.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't think we need to mention the obvious. It still takes 45 lbs of weight off the car and very little restriction from what I can see. Some forum members will probably do their home work regarding the metallurgy and will share their findings. Perhaps the vendor will be forthcoming regarding the grade of Titanium they use. It's just that body notch that's left empty that bugs me.

Last edited:

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine from MAP over the weekend.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10786]smdandb2[/MENTION]
Do you have any videos with the exhaust?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
They forgot to mention that the weight savings is due to the fact it is half the size as the fac piece. No mention of grade or where it is sourced. I sure as hell dont find it impressive.
Area of a circle is 3.14 times the radius squared. If i did the math correctly, two 2.25" pipes have a total cross section of 7.95 sq inches. One 3.15" pipe has a total cross section of 7.79 sq inches, so not as much difference as you might think. Delete the resonator and you're likely not adding any appreciable back pressure.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
[MENTION=10786]smdandb2[/MENTION]
Do you have any videos with the exhaust?
I don't, yet. Soon there will be a video. We just want to get the garnish installed first.

Sponsored

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
how does this compare to the mbrp race?

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I'm interested in how this compares to the Ultimate Racing exhaust as they are the only single exits without going custom. I mostly just want to hear how different (or similar) the two are and if there is any drone on the Tomei.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Area of a circle is 3.14 times the radius squared. If i did the math correctly, two 2.25" pipes have a total cross section of 7.95 sq inches. One 3.15" pipe has a total cross section of 7.79 sq inches, so not as much difference as you might think. Delete the resonator and you're likely not adding any appreciable back pressure.
Really don't care about size, weight, or back pressure. I just want this exhaust for the "wa pa pa pa pow!!!" :thumbsup:

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Exhaust looks quality but no way in hell can I go to single exhaust!!

Wish there was a dual exhaust version of this :)