Sponsored

Anyone want to see a BW top mount twin kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just want a beautiful top mount :cheers: are you planning on having the turbos directly in front of the engine or off to the side?
Let's just say that we're going to offer something unique that no one has done yet. And we're going to keep it close to the same price as our current full manifold kits.

Imagine a top mount kit with an air to water sheet metal intake manifold, and front grill mounted inlet pipes/filters. No lag, 5 different turbo brand options.. tons of options and upgrades. All under a stock hood.

That's what's coming this fall. :)
Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I like the idea of a top mounted kit because I'm paranoid about bottom mounted turbos. Not so much that they will get struck by something but more along the lines of water getting into the turbo. Not that I go mudding with my Mustang, on occasion you are faced with a shallow puddle when it rains hard. It is that time where I would be nervous as heck that the water level would be too high and drawn in water. Not sure what water would do to a turbo exactly but I have some really good idea (water impingement and thermal stress).

Thoughts on that?
You'd shit a brick if you saw where the Kenne Bell's kit drew air in from.
The end of my filter is about an inch or two above the splash guard that I conveniently cut a nice big hole in on installation.
Been driving around in all conditions with this setup for almost 2 years and 21,000+miles with no issue

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
That sure does sound interesting!! Can’t wait to see it.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Billyocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red PP GT
i know this is really dumb to most people and im sure no one cares, but is there a way to Do a TT setup, But have a horizontal bar and not vertical? i know there is a reason you guys do it that way, i am honestly just wondering what the advantages are, and why the other would be a horrible idea.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.