Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Agreed. I am a Steeda fan, but there is no excuse to have the most likely problem 1) not covered by the instructions and 2) not providing the special tool to mitigate it.

I still think they could source the open side socket or offset wrench in bulk for cheap. Or redesign the top of the mount and nut to work with a regular box end wrench.

I will be putting these on with Viking Warriors, what size is the socket I will need to get in preparation?
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The top nut is 21mm (13/16 also fits).

In lieu of purchasing a $15 open side socket, you are better served by using vice grips on the shaft just under the mount. (The shaft is much harder than the VG.)

Do not skip blue threadlock with any method.

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
Many thanks to the Steeda guys (Mike, Matt and Jaime) for their excellent customer service. The mount with the loose bearing needs to be replaced, it's too loose if you can move it around with your finger. If you mistakenly get one of those, don't install it, just call Steeda and they'll fix you up. Replacements are on the way, shipped out the same day I called.

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I'm going to talk to Steeda tomorrow. After taking mine apart yesterday all the noise I am hearing is from the bearings. Each time there is movement with the bearing I get the noise. It's almost like they bind and then release all at once. I was able to reproduce the noise with them off. Also just jacking it up and letting it down you can hear the bearing moving.

This explains why I only get the noises at slow speeds on uneven surfaces. On the highway I go over bumps on flat surfaces there is no noise.

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any update? I talked to Jani on 8/28 and called John on 8/29 and was told I'd be contacted about it. Just don't want to bug you guys every week lol
Bump??

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the 12mm mounts from LMR...we will see how they work when combined with Koni's and BMR's SP080 springs
They are a very nice and noticeable improvement if you have gone stiffer on suspension rates or locked down the IRS.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the 12mm mounts from LMR...we will see how they work when combined with Koni's and BMR's SP080 springs
We look forward to your review & in the future, if you ever need ordering support, don't hesitate to ask!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Thank you TJ and Steeda for standing behind these. I got the new ones on over the weekend and it's a night and day difference. It was very noticeable even during the install the first set of mounts the bushings in the mount very difficult to move and when I got them too there was a loud release from the bearing unbinding. The new ones movement is fluid.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Updated application chart

Updated application chart
Billet mt nut sizes.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great review from a customer ... wanted to share:

Ryan S.

Review: Over the course of my s550 build I've hit a bunch of modding walls due to having a lowered ride height. Each time I was able to find a steeda product that solved my issues and improved the handling and feel of the car. Recently I purchased RTR ADJ shocks/struts at a low introductory price of approx $400. Unfortunately when I attempted 1st install, the rear shocks were missing strut top nuts and the new shaft diameter was larger than stock(12mm like Koni Yellows) and required drilling. I informed the other vendor of this but they were no help.

I ended up going to the hardware store to determine the thread size and immediately looked to Steeda for a bolt on solution and these mounts fit the bill. Install was a breeze and was easily done in an hour with hand tools and a floor jack. The Steeda rear mounts have a nice solid feel to them despite being surprisingly light. After driving on them for the past few days these mounts w/ the upgraded shocks, its clear that the rear end float and bouncy feeling I used to get with the stock PP shocks is gone. Just for a bit of perspective, I also have the Steeda Ultimate stop the hop package, adj bump stops, adj rear camber arms, installed a year prior to this upgrade.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
We look forward to your review & in the future, if you ever need ordering support, don't hesitate to ask!

Best Regards,

TJ
Installed them today...only 1 hour from jack stand setup to back on the ground. The difference in night and day. The combination of these billet mounts with the Konis and BMR's SP080 springs is absolutely incredible.

[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], you guys should get together and do a combined build. Personally, I think the setup should be as follows if this does go through:

1. JRZ Pro RS Coil-overs
2. BMR Front Sway Bar
3. Steeda Rear Sway Bar
4. BMR Spherical Vertical Links
5. Steeda Billet Shock Mounts
6. BMR Sway bar end links
7. Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
8. BMR Chassis Brace (4-point)
9. Steeda adjustable toe links

I think you all get the idea... :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed them today...only 1 hour from jack stand setup to back on the ground. The difference in night and day. The combination of these billet mounts with the Konis and BMR's SP080 springs is absolutely incredible.

[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], you guys should get together and do a combined build. Personally, I think the setup should be as follows if this does go through:

1. JRZ Pro RS Coil-overs
2. BMR Front Sway Bar
3. Steeda Rear Sway Bar
4. BMR Spherical Vertical Links
5. Steeda Billet Shock Mounts
6. BMR Sway bar end links
7. Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
8. BMR Chassis Brace (4-point)
9. Steeda adjustable toe links

I think you all get the idea... :)
You think that is good ... you should have went with the entire Steeda package :eyebulge:- we appreciate the feedback & support!

TJ
Sponsored