Sponsored

Hood strut install, now warning lights

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I've never had any sort of warning lights pop up on my car. Now, I have two. This morning I started the car (no warning lights), backed it out of the garage about half way (still no lights), installed my Redline Tuning hood struts, started car to pull back in the garage and am getting "Service Advancetrac" and "Check Brake System" lights. I tried disconnecting the battery to see if it would clear them, but they are still there. Any ideas what I could've done? I didn't touch anything under the hood except for the battery cover.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I would assume it is pure coincidence. I just installed my Ford Performance struts Friday afternoon and have zero issues,

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I thought the hood struts were the cause of the problems. I was just wondering if there might be a plug or something I might have bumped somehow.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Are you still getting the message today?

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've never had any sort of warning lights pop up on my car. Now, I have two. This morning I started the car (no warning lights), backed it out of the garage about half way (still no lights), installed my Redline Tuning hood struts, started car to pull back in the garage and am getting "Service Advancetrac" and "Check Brake System" lights. I tried disconnecting the battery to see if it would clear them, but they are still there. Any ideas what I could've done? I didn't touch anything under the hood except for the battery cover.
Check the ground strap running to the passenger side strut tower. Due to the paint, the hold down bolt has to make contact to the ground strap or it'll lose connection which will cause the error messages and you'll lose power steering. I installed a UPR catch can there and positioned the strap under the catch can mount rather than under the bolt. Of course, it didn't break ground until I was on a vacation in Texas, far from home. :headbonk:

I took it to a Ford dealer and they promptly found the issue. $90 later, I was on my way with everything normal.

HTH

Jim

Sponsored

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Are you still getting the message today?
It was one this morning when I started the car. I started to drive to the dealer (just happened to have a pre-scheduled appointment from when I bought the car) and before I even made it to my neighbors house both lights turned off. I continued to the dealer anyway and talked to the service advisor. He said the computer sensed some wheel slip somewhere (possibly when it was parked in the driveway) and it activated the warnings. Once I started driving the computer realized everything was OK and the lights went off. I'll keep and eye on it and bring it back if it happens again. In the meantime I'll get my first oil change and a wash while I'm here.

PTRP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It was one this morning when I started the car. I started to drive to the dealer (just happened to have a pre-scheduled appointment from when I bought the car) and before I even made it to my neighbors house both lights turned off. I continued to the dealer anyway and talked to the service advisor. He said the computer sensed some wheel slip somewhere (possibly when it was parked in the driveway) and it activated the warnings. Once I started driving the computer realized everything was OK and the lights went off. I'll keep and eye on it and bring it back if it happens again. In the meantime I'll get my first oil change and a wash while I'm here.
I’m having the same problem exactly. I got a advancetec warning last night and now a hood warning today. Did you figure out what the problem was?
Sponsored