Sponsored

roll racing

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
For 1/2 mile events I wouldn't even bother unless I could top out 5th.

Roll events generally need 700+ to make it a few rounds, then it's going to be a 4 digit power game unless you have a serious power to weight ratio.

I have a 3.33 pulley going on my Paxton and I don't expect to last much more than the first few rounds, depending on the number of cars.
Sponsored

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I have a pp car with 3.8 pulley on a Paxton and was at the top of 5th in the 1/2 mile right at 155 mph. Probably going to have to look into some different gears in the rear.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I have a pp car with 3.8 pulley on a Paxton and was at the top of 5th in the 1/2 mile right at 155 mph. Probably going to have to look into some different gears in the rear.
Yep, gears are on my list. I have a spare diff I plan on building. I've done some 1/2 mile test hits and I hit 160 with some room to grow, just no more gear. I could do a 8000 rpm limit but I'd rather not.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I used to not care for it, as I thought it just took up time for the 1/8 or 1/4 racers... but then I tried it.

Pretty damn fun!

I've been pretty successful with my GT on the roll races.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Rocsteady, there's a NASA HPDE event October 14-15 at NJMP Thunderbolt. A few GT350 guys have been there in the past and it's a great course. If you go look me up as I'll be there both days.
Cool vid btw. I've considered roll racing but you're right that it's out of its element in that type of venue.

So I participated in the roll racing event put on by Slipstream at Pocono yesterday. I drew two conclusions:
1-I would need another 300 horsepower to even be in the same world as some of these cars and
2-I had as much fun on the infield section of Pocono coming and going to the competitive racing part.
At one point the guy who was managing everyone and pairing us up at the starts leaned over and jokingly said something to the effect of, "you do know that car is made for road racing, and this is drag racing right?" He said he had been driven around the track in one by a professional during some kind of Ford Exhibition and was thoroughly impressed with the GT350 as a track car.

As for me I don't think I'll do another one of these unless it's at least a half or full mile. But now I want to get to an HPD event even more than before.

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Rocsteady, there's a NASA HPDE event October 14-15 at NJMP Thunderbolt. A few GT350 guys have been there in the past and it's a great course. If you go look me up as I'll be there both days.
Cool vid btw. I've considered roll racing but you're right that it's out of its element in that type of venue.
Outstanding. Thank you very much. I'm going to see if I can make it. Will look you up for sure.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Roll racing sounds good to me since I'm on street tires :lol:

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
TDC, I could only make it for the 13th. So I will be there for HPDE just the one day. Looking forward to it and thanks again for the heads up, I would have missed it for sure.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
No problem. You're going to have a great time.
Sponsored