Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
So much want. I am thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs at the same time, what would match best? 6000K?
I personally prefer 5000K, but 6000K is the most popular color temperature

Nick C.
Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They look slightly whiter, so i'm going to assume they're 6000K, not 6500K? Pretty damn close, but i'm just confirming.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
They look slightly whiter, so i'm going to assume they're 6000K, not 6500K? Pretty damn close, but i'm just confirming.
It will be between 6000-6,500K. We will be using the same tightly-binned white LED components we utilize in other Diode products to ensure uniformity.

Thanks!
Nick C.

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
Hey Nick, any update on a release date yet. Still holding out on putting in my California Special grill. Only want to pull the bumper cover once. Getting lazy in my old age.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey Nick, any update on a release date yet. Still holding out on putting in my California Special grill. Only want to pull the bumper cover once. Getting lazy in my old age.
We are producing them right now and getting them on the shelves prior to an official release.

You won't have to pull the bumper for the installation either :thumbsup:

Nick C.

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
We are producing them right now and getting them on the shelves prior to an official release.

Time frame? Week...two weeks...we are waiting for Christmas to screw with you guys...???

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Time frame? Week...two weeks...we are waiting for Christmas to screw with you guys...???
Each housing is relatively time consuming, and tedious to produce. We want to make sure we have enough units packaged up and ready to ship prior to the launch.

Definitely on the home stretch! The product is in production, installation videos & pictures have been filmed, packaging has been designed and is on it's way to us. :thumbsup:

Nick C.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

You won't have to pull the bumper for the installation either :thumbsup:

Nick C.
I was thinking to remove the bumper because I had to do other things waiting to be done for a ling time, but I was waiting for this product of yours before removing the bumper again. So now, with this post of yours, things change! How can will we install the lights without taking the bumper off?

I am asking this because I can go on and do whatever I want to do while waiting for your lights to become available.

Thanks

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I was thinking to remove the bumper because I had to do other things waiting to be done for a ling time, but I was waiting for this product of yours before removing the bumper again. So now, with this post of yours, things change! How can will we install the lights without taking the bumper off?

I am asking this because I can go on and do whatever I want to do while waiting for your lights to become available.

Thanks
We've already filmed an installation video demonstrating the entire process of installing them without taking the bumper off. We will post that when they are launched :thumbsup:

Nick C.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks Nick. Can you give us a hint? Do you perform the installation from underneath by removing the belly pan, or through the wheel arch?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks Nick. Can you give us a hint? Do you perform the installation from underneath by removing the belly pan, or through the wheel arch?
I think it's easier to take the belly-pan off. I'm sure you could possibly go through the wheel arch, but it'll be in the video.

Full disclosure: I wasn't in the studio when they filmed the video)

I can say that it's much better than having to take the bumper off :headbang:

Nick C.

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
We are producing them now, and making sure we have plenty on the shelf and ready to ship prior to the launch. They are fairly time-consuming to produce, so we want to make sure we have enough to satisfy demand.

As always, thank you for your patience! :thumbsup:

Nick C.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Took my 2010 in today for state inspection and asked if white parking lights are legal in Virginia. I was told they are not. Looking up code on the internetz, it appears that is true. Bummer.
I am not surprised. Virginia is a beautiful state, but many of your state laws are ridiculous. If something will be banned, it will be in Virginia :headbonk:
Sponsored