Sponsored

I Made an Oil Change Video

rr17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GTPP
Do you really believe that if you don't fill the oil filter with oil before putting it back on the motor will start making strange noises?

OP
OP
Fredboy

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Do you really believe that if you don't fill the oil filter with oil before putting it back on the motor will start making strange noises?
I think it's a possibility that starting with a dry filter could contribute to or cause the bbq tick. It's all speculation on my part, until someone provides definite proof. What I do know, is that it's better to add oil to the filter than to put it on dry.

Sponsored

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It may sound weird but I did my first oil change also and when I did the car feels different. I went synthetic, Mobile 1, with a K&N filter. Exhaust and performance just seemed to improve.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Good detailed video. What brand of gasoline do you use and which octane?

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Pretty much any Top Tier rated gas station; I run 93.
The reason I ask is because I use Shell 91 octane here in CA. I often check my tail pipes for carbon deposits and I can say that after running this fuel for 3000 miles, I haven't seen a single spec of carbon while cleaning my tail pipes. I was on the fence whether or not to purchase a catch can for the Mustang like I did with my Ecoboost F150

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fredboy

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
The reason I ask is because I use Shell 91 octane here in CA. I often check my tail pipes for carbon deposits and I can say that after running this fuel for 3000 miles, I haven't seen a single spec of carbon while cleaning my tail pipes. I was on the fence whether or not to purchase a catch can for the Mustang like I did with my Ecoboost F150
I haven't noticed any carbon deposits on mine.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I watched your video over the weekend and gave my GT an oil change. What made it easy was the details you gave such as the location of the 7MM screws. I used QSUD 5W20 along with the Motorcraft filter. I picked up a magnet rated at 95 lbs at Harbor Freight for less than $5 and stuck it on the bottom of the oil pan
Sponsored