Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Background

Let me start by saying the entire experience with the GT350R has been amazing thus far. It was the car I always wanted, and it literally fell into my lap after giving up on searching. I will give a quick story on how I got the car, and then onto the pictures since that is really what you are here for anyway. Some may remember my white 2016 GT350 I was building. It was a car that I really got to put my personal touches on. In hindsight that build was rather divisive for some, but inspirational for others. Hell, I still have forum members that won't even comment on my posts or throw a like, but I consider it par for the course.

IMG_1030.png

IMG_0841.jpg

I haven't been one to embrace social media much. However, wanted to stay current on the trends and share my build with the community. Made the decision to get onto Instagram and that platform really changed things for me. Through my photography efforts and fielding of questions I was able to meet a lot of really cool people, and build some good relationships with vendors. Both the wheels and the R were products of people I met there.

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_3.jpg

I was randomly contacted by a GT350R owner asking about my [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] Shifter. We got to talking over the months and I inquired about where he bought his car, and to my surprise I found out he got it at MSRP. I was graciously put into contact with his salesperson and a few months later I got a call asking how I wanted to spec my GT350R, and confirmed it was an MSRP deal. I put my car up for sale, it went to a happy new owner, and the rest was history. I owe Sam a lot. Thanks Bro!

IMG_1497.jpg

After months of waiting to bring the car home I knew I wanted to drive it as much as possible. I have garage kept cars before and it is such a waste. California is blessed with great roads and weather, plus life is short. No need to keep such an exhilarating car hidden away. With that in mind I knew driving around on the R compound Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires was a waste on the street. They cause heart palpitations when driven in the cold or wet. Plus, I didn’t want to risk damage from the mount/dismount process of those tires on the carbon fiber wheels. I have never had a set of tires dismounted that didn’t leave some level of scratches/scuffs on the wheel. So, let me introduce you to Signature Wheels

Thunder_Hill_R_7_of_7.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_1_of_1.jpg

I met with a great gentleman by the name of Ashley of [MENTION=27861]PositiveGMotorworks[/MENTION] that was a retailer for Signature Wheels. After speaking with him for a while and reviewing wheel profiles I settled on a set for my first GT350. For the R I knew I wanted to try something different. I was told about one of their new profiles the SV108. I saw some renderings of the wheel and honestly, I had apprehension about a directional wheel. That was never really my taste, and I had not seen it done correctly on a lot of cars. Once I got the wheels mounted on the car.... everything changed.....

Signature Wheels SV108

Specs:
-Signature Wheels SV108
-GT350R Specifications
-Front 19x11 – 23 lbs - 305/30/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
-Rear 19x11.5 - 22lbs - 325/30/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Thunder_Hill_R_Tobin.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

The SV108 is a forged aluminum mono-block design. The front wheels come in at 23lbs, and the rear 22lbs. Fronts are slightly heavier for the material needed to clear the front brakes. These wheels have greater brake caliper clearance than the OEM GT350 and GT350R wheel and are made to the OEM specifications. The wheels even took less weight to balance than the OEM carbon fiber wheels. Impressive....The company took the care to ensure the wheels are engineered to rotate the same way on both sides of the car. I was shown a picture of a wheel made by ADV.1 that had the wheels spinning a different direction on each side of the car.

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_8.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_7.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_6.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_3_of_7.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_1_of_7.jpg

The driver side of the car is finished in a brushed tinted bronze, and the passenger a brushed triple black clear. The color gives the wheels a lot of depth and they react different under changing lighting. Very similar to the paint. The most common experience I get is the double take as people walk from one side of the car to the other. Followed by the question, why? Simply put you can never see both sides of the car at the same time, and its an excellent way to get two looks out of one set of wheels.

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_9.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_5.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_4.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_4_of_7.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_1_of_3.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_2_of_3.jpg

Thunder_Hill_R_3_of_3.jpg

In any case I hope you enjoyed the pictures, and seeing something you have not seen before. Positive G Motorworks has invited me to attend SEMA! I cant think of much more I want or need to do to this car, but I look forward to what the future holds.

Thunder_Hill_R_Zemedici_1.jpg

Photos were taken by me at Thunder Hill Raceway with a Nikon D3300. Editing was done in collaboration with [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10864]Zemedici[/MENTION]. Thanks again for your help :cheers:
Sponsored