Sponsored

Mustang Sins: Let's Hear Them

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
What do you do with your Mustang that you would never openly admit to? (i.e. something you'd never freely tell another car enthusiast, especially in person)

It's okay, this is a safe place. I'll go first.

During the summer, I'll take my car through gas station car washes... Two reasons. First, it's oppressively hot during the day so that leaves morning/nighttime but that's when the bugs are out. Second, my car is white. I've never seen a scratch in the paint after doing this. Anyway, I always give it a good polish/wax when it cools down so that takes care of any scratches I maybe don't see.

Is it egregious? To some, absolutely. Is it lazy? Totally. But it works for me.

Let's hear yours.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
banana_tailpipe_1785.jpg

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'll purposefully scare people in traffic with my exhaust sometimes. It makes me an a-hole so I don't think I'd admit it in person, but it's satisfying nonetheless. I'm definitely "that mustang" sometimes. Oh well...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I will admit I've done that before too to get people off of my ass from tailgating. I'll just leave it in 2nd or 3rd and just keep wacking the throttle until they back off. It's not good though andmakes you (and me) look like the bigger douche.

Sponsored

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Here in dfw there are many on ramps that are sometimes blocked from view if you are on the highway via concrete walls. I love to take off and let the sw catback roar and as i enter traffic, people brake or swerve sometimes(scared or alarmed) and i secretly revel in that response.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The 2018 Mustang GT Wing. This is a sin. This is not a Subaru.

2018-mustang-spoilers-thumbnail.jpg

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Agree, I want one for my 2017.

Mickey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Premium
I normally have two full grown weimaraners crammed in the back seat of my 17 GT PP Premium. They get nose prints and dirt on everything and the six week old car is already full of dog hair but if you can't take your buddies with you it is not worth having.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have a whole list

1)When i see people in BMWs driving like assholes right up peoples tail pipes, I do the same thing to them until they get out of my way, Most try to get away to no avail, the smart ones move over and act like they aren't interested now that it's not an econobox they are bullying
2)As I'm passing them I like to look at the disappointment on their face.
3)I always let them pass first to get a look at badges/exhaust to make sure I'm not picking a fight I can't win, If it's not a newer M I go for it. Most M drivers are not assholes surprisingly.
4)I did go after a tuned M3 once, got beat.
5)Same goes for Mercs and Audis, S6 and below are no problem for me, I avoid the RS4s and above. I'll mess with AMGs because most are governed to 150 or 170 mph.
6) A significant number of Mustang drivers are assholes
7)Most days I wish for had not called the Ecoboost a Mustang (See number 6 above) Even though the 2.3 turbo fits perfectly in the Mustang heritage, I would have preferred them to bring back the Maverick nameplate for it. (Even Capri for Europe though I never liked the name, the cars were awesome.)
8)Had Nissan gone forward with the S16, or the new Supra were not going to be a reskin of a BMW Z4, I would not even be here.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I eat my lunch at work in my car...and put my empty subway cups in the passenger floorboard till its about to overflow sometimes..

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I normally have two full grown weimaraners crammed in the back seat of my 17 GT PP Premium. They get nose prints and dirt on everything and the six week old car is already full of dog hair but if you can't take your buddies with you it is not worth having.
I feel you. My boxer mix rides shotgun and even though he's not the slobbery type, it'll drip out of his mouth if he's hot and panting. It gets everywhere but that's a small price to pay to just see how excited he gets for a car ride.

I also invested in a cover for the passenger seat a little bit after we joined a dog park. That helps a bit haha.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I eat my lunch at work in my car...and put my empty subway cups in the passenger floorboard till its about to overflow sometimes..
:eyebulge: How absurd! I'm appalled!
Sponsored