Sponsored

What am I doing wrong? 60ft times should be better

AngryMule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush charged GT Mustang
I'm having same issue but with stick car I have a blower on 93 making about 600 wheel 500 tq. I have drag stars and 305 45 15 et street R tried 16 lbs and 20 lbs and I think my best 60' was a 1.98 running 7.9 @ 98mph. Performance pack with BMR sp080 lowering springs halfshafts, axles, and dual plate clutch. I either shake the tires, spin, or bog. I can't seem to get a good pass
tried launching at 4.5k and tire shake. Launch at 5500 hook and bog 6200 spin. Maybe I just need more suspension I just thought these tires would hook pretty much no matter what. They kill on the street but not on the track.
I'm about the same as you only auto and all stock suspension and shafts. About same power and tire. I run 13# in the tire cold. I launch from just off idle. Maybe 8-1000 rpm and stick it to the floor. Traction control off and in Drive. Here are my slips from NMRA World Finals 3 weeks ago. I'm #308. This is with the stock heat extractor which I upgraded yesterday. Maybe I can gain back my 10 degrees of timing now.

Here is the 1.68 pass:
times.jpg
Sponsored

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I'm about the same as you only auto and all stock suspension and shafts. About same power and tire. I run 13# in the tire cold. I launch from just off idle. Maybe 8-1000 rpm and stick it to the floor. Traction control off and in Drive. Here are my slips from NMRA World Finals 3 weeks ago. I'm #308. This is with the stock heat extractor which I upgraded yesterday. Maybe I can gain back my 10 degrees of timing now.

Here is the 1.68 pass:
Do you have a stock converter in the car or is it flashing big time when you leave?

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I expect my car to run 11.2s I think with a better 60' it will do it.

AngryMule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush charged GT Mustang
Do you have a stock converter in the car or is it flashing big time when you leave?
Yes its the stock converter. I spoke to Circle D about a 2C if I recall. But for $1200+install+Al drive shaft+loop... I'll be waiting a little while.
Sponsored