Sponsored

Mishimoto coolant expansion tank leaking

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Jake,
mine started to leak. sent you an email from my yahoo account along with a pic and receipt from when I bought it last July from American Muscle.

Kevin
Hey gameovergt,

If you send me a PM with your ticket ID, I'll make sure the customer service team picks up your ticket today and gets this resolved asap.

Thanks
-Jake
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gameovergt,

If you send me a PM with your ticket ID, I'll make sure the customer service team picks up your ticket today and gets this resolved asap.

Thanks
-Jake
Jake got the email this morning along with usps tracking#. Thanks for the assistance.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Ahhh..... I need to check this. My car has been using more coolant lately and I was thinking it might be a faulty radiator cap. Time to check the sight tube!

OP
OP
Genxer

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on a replacement hose. From emails back and forth with Mishimoto, they can can replace my tube with the same thing. Not interested, since it will certainly fail. I was told that a better hose is in the works, but was given no ETA. This was a few weeks ago.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on a replacement hose. From emails back and forth with Mishimoto, they can can replace my tube with the same thing. Not interested, since it will certainly fail. I was told that a better hose is in the works, but was given no ETA. This was a few weeks ago.
My replacement tube came yesterday

Sponsored

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hello Genxer. Sorry to hear you are still waiting for a replacement. If you take a look back at post #10 on this thread, we do have updated sight tubes with a higher temperature rating. Send an email over to [email protected] or simply reply to your most recent email with us. We'd be happy to get a replacement on the way.

Thanks
-Jake

OP
OP
Genxer

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Genxer. Sorry to hear you are still waiting for a replacement. If you take a look back at post #10 on this thread, we do have updated sight tubes with a higher temperature rating. Send an email over to [email protected] or simply reply to your most recent email with us. We'd be happy to get a replacement on the way.

Thanks
-Jake
Yes, I emailed that address already on 10/31. The person that helped me said a replacement is not available but they would check with R&D for an ETA. No answers since then.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
For you guys that are doing the replacement tube, a turkey baster does wonders for not having to undo any clamps or anything. Just pour it right back in when done. I'm hoping I won't have to replace mine, but if I see signs of leaking, I will contact Mishimoto.

OP
OP
Genxer

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still no answer. I will try one more time then I am done.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
replacing the tube is super easy ONCE you empty and pull the damn tank out. not so easy if you want to leave it installed and swap out. or at least not so clean. :)
Just suck out the coolant with a turkey baster and change the tube out in place.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Try PTFE pneumatic tubing. I don’t know if it’s translucent enough.

OP
OP
Genxer

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I rec’d some kind of tube/fittings in the mail as a replacement. The tubing seems to be a stiffer material than the original one. They weren’t much into communicating so I can only guess if it is a new and improved piece.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Reviving an old thread...just found a leak in my tank at the bottom of one of the welds...bought tank in December 2015...its a real PITA to remove and install just to get the serial number and try to show where the leak is. I need this car as my daily driver...suggestions on how to fix (have started warranty claim with @Mishimoto).

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Reviving an old thread...just found a leak in my tank at the bottom of one of the welds...bought tank in December 2015...its a real PITA to remove and install just to get the serial number and try to show where the leak is. I need this car as my daily driver...suggestions on how to fix (have started warranty claim with @Mishimoto).
It will probably need to be replaced. Defective.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Mine didn't have a serial number anywhere. Bought it from Beefcake Racing when they first came out, August 2015 I think. I also lost the invoice but have the original packaging & shipping label. I emailed Mishimoto and they had no issues taking care of my concerns. (still waiting on the updated sight tube) Only thing to keep in mind is it took them almost 3 weeks to respond to my claim. No big deal as the tank was taken out of the car.
Sponsored