Sponsored

Advice on buying a used GT350?

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Hey guys. I'm currently in the market of buying a used GT350. Most the dealerships in my area are still marking up new GT350's (AZ) so I figured a used low mileage GT350 wouldn't be a bad way to go. Is there anything I should be looking for when I go in to look at these? Any common, well known, or easy to spot issues to look out for?

Maybe it's because I'm a car enthusiast but I get suspicious of seeing a used GT350 with low mileage sitting in dealer lots because I can't imagine ever wanting to sell one so quickly after buying one. I will also be limiting my initial searches for used 2017's to avoid the overheating issues on the 2016 non track packs. Any advice will be appreciated!
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
You can find a closet queen from buyer didn't really like it with low mileage

TechnicalLimitation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350. H3562
Add one thing on your list to watch out for: scraped paint on the edge of the hood, near the driver side windshield wiper.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Yes, my 2700 miles 2017 had a small chip on the back edge of the hood but it touched up easily and pretty much invisibly due to the solid color - red. Look underneath the car as they are low and prone to damage from bottoming. Expect some scrapes under the front splitter and consider it a disposable item since there is no preventing some bottoming no matter careful. Surprisingly, I found later on mine where the lower edge of the rear bumper had been bottomed and scraped up a little behind the rear pass wheel and only visible from underneath. But check the general underbody, suspension and exhaust for any sign of contact as that would be more serious.

I noticed on mine that the previous owner or dealer - had run 0-60 in it a time or two and it was still in display. Probably not surprising that an owner would try it out. By the way the times weren't that great so they probably didn't really romp on it hard.

Try the seats as I hear the Recaros can be pretty tight. Ask if the supplements are included with the car as they are nice to have.

Test drive it on the normal exhaust setting and listen for any strange noises or sounds that need to be investigated. The sport setting can probably mask some of them. If not familiar with Mustangs be prepared for a weird clutch feel. It has an over-center action and is very light. It's an easy fix to replace the assist spring. Also be aware the brakes will seem very touchy on first drive - they are very powerful.

Good luck shopping. I didn't have much luck getting the dealer to come down on his price for the car at all but he did deal with me a little on trade in for my 12 GT

OP
OP
Pakman

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Okay thanks for the feedback guys. I own a 15 GT PP which I will trade in if I do make the upgrade so I already have a small idea on what to look for reference body and paint issues. One 350 I have my eye on is on sale from a non Ford used car dealer so I'm hoping there will be room for negotation. I'll probably go in this weekend to check it out.
Sponsored