Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Close the trunk and carefully remove the spoiler, will need to use a thin plastic paint tool (like the one in the fourth pic below) or something similar to remove the foam tape as you pull it up... it's a bitch, will take an hour to get it off and then clean all the remaining tape/glue off of the decklid. From here it's easy. If replacing a spoiler like I did, all holes are already in the right place, no drilling required.
Thanks for posting, I'm planning to remove my spoiler as well, did the replacement spoiler come with new adhesive tape already on it?
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
When my PPF guy did my car he removed the wing. He used a thicker 3m double sided tape. Don't make that same mistake he made. It squashed out the sides of the mount area.... a PITA to remove. Get the thin stuff!

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Thanks for posting, I'm planning to remove my spoiler as well, did the replacement spoiler come with new adhesive tape already on it?
Yep, has the thin foam tape already on it, just need to peel off red plastic covering it before placing the new spoiler. It also came with 4 new locknuts and a template for drilling a decklid without a current spoiler (neither are needed if replacing a factory installed spoiler). I bought my spoiler from a Ford dealer on eBay for about $425, no tax, free shipping. Powerstrokeplus.com and White Bear Lake AutoNation Ford have the next best price currently.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, has the thin foam tape already on it, just need to peel off red plastic covering it before placing the new spoiler. It also came with 4 new locknuts and a template for drilling a decklid without a current spoiler (neither are needed if replacing a factory installed spoiler). I bought my spoiler from a Ford dealer on eBay for about $425, no tax, free shipping. Powerstrokeplus.com and White Bear Lake AutoNation Ford have the next best price currently.
Thanks - on my car I already have the track pack spoiler, i am most likely going to upgrade to carbon fiber.

Thanks for the reply

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Thanks - on my car I already have the track pack spoiler, i am most likely going to upgrade to carbon fiber.

Thanks for the reply
Good deal! You could easily sell yours on eBay for $390ish, I know because I have been trying to buy a couple but others beat me to them... I was a little worried about any possible scratches or damage in shipment from an individual party though, so I was happy to pay a little more for a brand new one.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good deal! You could easily sell yours on eBay for $390ish, I know because I have been trying to buy a couple but others beat me to them... I was a little worried about any possible scratches or damage in shipment from an individual party though, so I was happy to pay a little more for a brand new one.
I'll probably just hang onto the factory one for now, being able to return my car to factory "stock condition" is important to me so everything i have done thus far i have saved my original parts. But i appreciate the info.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I'll probably just hang onto the factory one for now, being able to return my car to factory "stock condition" is important to me so everything i have done thus far i have saved my original parts. But i appreciate the info.
Agreed. I am saving my original as well even though someone already offered me money for it, apparently it will fit any S550 platform. Maybe someone will want to buy an all original tech pack someday! Muhahahahaha... Sorry, too soon?

Last edited:

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Check the UPR catch cans, the lines look factory and the unit itself sits pretty tucked out of the way. I guess you could say i drank their Koolaid but it sounds to be a pretty big difference in effectiveness of the UPR vs the FP/JLT.

2nd the UPR Cans! :thumbsup:

I put them on my R and unless your looking for it, you don't really notice them

Sponsored

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
91 or 93 in the tank?

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
91 or 93 in the tank?
92. Let the car warm up to 180, made a pull, made a second pull, let the car cool ten minutes and made a third pull. Car has 440 miles now. I will add that the car has sat all winter with this tank of gas and it was filled up in September. I'll do it again once I drive it some and add fresh gas.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Done xpel on my car - full hood, front bumper, headlights, front fenders, A pillars, partial roof, mirrors, and rocker panels.

I have one small ding from rock on my hood and I have film put down over it. Only wish I've had it done beforehand.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Went with tire stickers for the tires. So far I've been the only Race Red GT350 roaming around my city and surrounding cities, but I see that dealerships are slowly but surely getting more. Everyone kind of knows me around the area so I like to keep myself just a tad bit unique without getting too crazy.

Only other wheels I like on the market are 6gr, but for some reason I keep hesitating on buying them. After getting some white tire stickers, I think I'm good for now. Also, I absolutely love the way they look. Between the white stripes and the white shelby letters up front, it seems like the perfect touch without overdoing it.

I'll post more pics up later tomorrow when it's bright outside, but for now here's a late evening cell phone pic (letters are on top and bottom of tire, but hard to see in the garage from this angle):

Photo_Mar_29_7_40_45_PM.jpg

And a photoshopped version before I bought the stickers:

21amj5j.png

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Looks good! Did you make the position of the letters match positions on both tires by jacking up one tire and rotating it, or was that just luck? :)
Sponsored