Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda kit is a thing of beauty!

attachment.jpg

Our adjustable toe links are TIG-welded and powdercoated for long-lasting protection and designed to allow for adjustments to be made with the part installed on the car - you do not have to remove this part for toe adjustment!

Key Product Benefits:
- On-car adjustability
- Perfect for lowered cars - provides ultimate toe adjustability
- Large degree of toe adjustment, great for aggressive driving
- No increase in NVH
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA using high-grade materials

All very good reasons :)

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Looks like I am about done ordering, looking into one final part. Steeda Rear Camber Arms, the questing is Adjustable vs Non-Adjustable.

Car is only going to be lowered 1/2 inch in the rear and its going to be set it and forget it after the 2nd alignment shop visit in a few months (after springs sort themselves out), so are the adjustables really worth it in my case?

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Story Time: What made me want to aggressively mod, especially with wheel hop eliminating parts?

Bought the car last July, noticed the wheel hop day one, but didn't mind it too much at first. I am use to wheel hop having driven pickup trucks for the last 15 years. Anyway a few months later, it was a Saturday midday, out shopping with the wife, lunchtime we have a short 2 mile run from the mall to our favorite hippie health food grocery store which has a fantastic deli that does great sandwiches. I pull out of the mall parking lot, rolling under an overpass I notice a cloud of soot which has mostly dissipated and don't think anything of it. We roll to a stop at a red light in the far right lane, windows down I hear the rattly hum of a 24v ISB Cummins beside me, I then realize he made the soot cloud. Suddenly the light turns green and I hear that Cummins start winding up rather quickly as I am letting out the clutch getting us moving through the intersection. Out of the corner of my eye in my side mirror I see he is a coal roller blowing a massive cloud of black soot. Now this truck is jacked up and has a 4-5inch tip right at Mustang side window level. I instantly realize what is about to happen, or should I say what he is TRYING to do. So I instinctively stomp it, we were at about 3-4k RPM so the car just wheel hops all over the place, luckily we were still quicker. Wheel hopping all the way through 1st and well into 2nd we still manage to rocket ahead. Into 3rd, I changed lanes to the left, showing the Cummins our un-sooted ass while still pulling on him quite quickly with a giant cloud of soot in his wake. We pulled into the grocery store parking lot and the wife asks what just happened, I said "the asshole in that truck just tried to ruin our new interior", she said "what a jerk but why was our car bouncy and rough", I said "its called wheel hop, these cars are kinda known for it", she said "can it be fixed, will it make the car faster?" I said "yeah but its expensive", She said "do it!"

And here we are

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Final Parts ordered

Ford one time use hardware kit (suspension)
Steeda Adjustable Rear Camber arms

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Final Parts ordered

Ford one time use hardware kit (suspension)
Steeda Adjustable Rear Camber arms
Sounds like a winner ... we'll see if that word "Final" holds true :)

TJ

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
BMR SP089s finally shipped

Everything else has arrived except the Ford bolts and Steeda Camber arms.

Still about 2 weeks out from build start

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Back in mid March I ordered the SP082 ($109) and SP089 ($119) springs, total was $294, $64 being shipping.

BMR was out of stock on the SP089s, so they charged me $174 for the SP082s and shipped them.

Yesterday they charged me $144 and shipped the back-ordered SP089s., bringing the real total to $318.

Is this a foul?

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
Well- I would contact them and ask why the almost $20 difference from what you expected. I am sure there must be a reasonable explanation.

But (off topic question) with all the Steeda components you already have- why not round it out with their springs???
Sponsored