Sponsored

Is it possible return from axle back to stock??

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey. I have propably stupid question.
Is it possible to return stock exhaust once you install axle-back and cut the original pipes??
Is there way to install them back for any reason (volume, technical or legal (Europe...) problems?
And will there be no problems with that exhaust if you once cut it and then want put back?

The reason I want axle back is volume. I want more deep tone, but not too loud cause its my daily car.

Thank you very much for answer!
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Not without welding the stock exhaust back up. This is why a catback makes sense and much easier to deal with.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on where the cut is, you may be able to use the same clamps the axleback uses to join the stock ones back on. There's a very high probability you'll need to weld, however.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
If you go with Roush axlebacks, you'll need to use a welder. This is because of the very round section of pipe where the cuts are, which doesn't allow for clamps for the stock mufflers. A muffler shop could make a couple sections of pipe and weld over the joints though.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Thanx for answers.
I propably go with cat-back just to be able to put the stock back.
(Magnaflow Street is what sounds best to me - i hope it wont be too loud for daily driving ...).

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You can get exhaust clamps ... I've got my stock axle-back sitting in the basement with the exhaust clamps already on them ... I'll take a pic tonight and post it up but yes it does depend on where the cut is as it needs to be on a straight portion of pipe.

Having said that, no aftermkt axle-back cut's on a curve anyway - that's just plain not going to work in terms of a good seal.