ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Hey guys -

I'm ceramic coated just over a year now, have always used Adams Car Shampoo or Gold Class to wash my car...anything else out there that's safe to use with my coating? Glossier the better.
Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It doesn't make a huge difference, I generally advise against using soaps with waxes as those can streak on a coated car. I personally use Carpro Reset.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I do the waterless wash on my car and use the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus by Carpro.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anything safe for paint will be safe for your coated car. I have used Chemical guys Mr. Pink, Megs Gold class, UWW+, and Meg's waterless Wash with no ill effects on mine (Duragloss Enviroshield)

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
honestly, most car wash soaps only provide a lubrication, they barely even remove any dirt by themselves. (dont beleive me go on youtube and watch Dallas Auto Paint Correction videos). As long as its not dawn for daily weekly washes your cool

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Carpro reset, followed by carpro reload and carpro Ech20 as a QD. This should be all u use to a ceramic coated paint.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using Chemical Guys car washes. I've noticed a bit of a haze recently, could be too much product on the car between reload and Ech20. Could also be the car wash.

I just bought a bottle of reset, in hopes of getting my sparkle back!

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My good friend IGL Coated my car and he said as long as you aren't washing your car in the baking sun...A lot of the soaps sold on the market are okay, he said he wouldn't recommend them, but in a pinch they'll work.

I take my car through the "Acid Baths" at the local Touch-Free car wash and it still looks as if he coated it yesterday.

Again, I'm not saying this is the proper way, but in a pinch, it's okay.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
My cquartz applier said mcguires gold is good for most washes but here and there use reset as the mcguires can haze after a bit. This way youre not always needing to use the priciest soap.

To be honest i have not tried as ive been trying to figure out my ceramic coating and just have used reset so far.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My good friend IGL Coated my car and he said as long as you aren't washing your car in the baking sun...A lot of the soaps sold on the market are okay, he said he wouldn't recommend them, but in a pinch they'll work.

I take my car through the "Acid Baths" at the local Touch-Free car wash and it still looks as if he coated it yesterday.

Again, I'm not saying this is the proper way, but in a pinch, it's okay.

That's what is nice about having a sacrificial coating as people call it. The coating reacts to the "acid bath" not your paint. Worse case you can re coat the car at some point.
Sponsored