Considering a switch from my new F1A to LPF or Boost Works

pxdenial

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Not quite sure yet on what i wanna do. I'm having my motor built by MPR Racing in Florida so that won't be an issue. Any suggestions? I would like to hear from those who have made the switch before.

Thanks.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I just ordered my Boost Works twins. Switching from my D1SC setup. Turns out I just like turbos more :shrug:

lxmatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I am going from a vortech jt-b to a boost works twin 67 and also have Tim from mpr doing me a motor

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I just picked my car up from LPF on Sunday and all I can say is wow! It's a very well built kit and the fit and finish is spot on. I went from a VMP Gen2R to the LPF kit. I'm so glad I made the switch. I will be doing a review soon on it.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Isn't the F1 capable of a 1000+? Sry not very knowledgeable about the centri's.
Is there a reason you are wanting to switch?

OP
OP

pxdenial

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
It's capable of 1200. My first thought is to keep from splitting the snout off the crank with the stage two kit that Procharger has. It worries me some that having that extra pulley down there is going to some damage. The twins should help eliminating that. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe not.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
It's capable of 1200. My first thought is to keep from splitting the snout off the crank with the stage two kit that Procharger has. It worries me some that having that extra pulley down there is going to some damage. The twins should help eliminating that. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe not.
"you want to trade me your F1A for my D1SC" <-- that's me attempting to be jedi... But if you do sell your F1 set up, a D1 will sell faster...just say'n :)

I would't worry about your crank snapping off. All those who have seem to be folks with and ATI or a bad install. As a matter of fact, the only one here who has snapped a crank was a Vortech guy...and those kits never snap cranks cause its part of the pulley system :shrug:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I really dont get this.

Id max out what you have and focus on what do you dont in other areas of the car instead of bailing on the F1.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
can you really get more power or ET from turbos vs supercharger? id like to switch to turbos but the benefit doesnt seem worth the cost.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
My perspective currently owning a TT car and a Centri car.

Turbo - more torque but more of a hassle to maintain. Oil lines, shielding, adjustments, etc.

Centri - less torque but less of a hassle also.

Just my two cents. TTs are great for the track or a weekend driven car. Centri is great for a daily driver.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My perspective currently owning a TT car and a Centri car.

Turbo - more torque but more of a hassle to maintain. Oil lines, shielding, adjustments, etc.

Centri - less torque but less of a hassle also.

Just my two cents. TTs are great for the track or a weekend driven car. Centri is great for a daily driver.
Comp turbos' no oil lines required.
Shielding not required if low mount just replacing the cats.
IMO why go centri when a turbo works very similar without having any belt issues.:thumbsup:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Not quite sure yet on what i wanna do. I'm having my motor built by MPR Racing in Florida so that won't be an issue. Any suggestions? I would like to hear from those who have made the switch before.

Thanks.
LPF without a doubt. Pricing, reliability and you will actually get the kit. ;)

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
can you really get more power or ET from turbos vs supercharger? id like to switch to turbos but the benefit doesnt seem worth the cost.
You are looking at it the wrong way, any belt driven supercharger robs horsepower from the engine simple physics. Turbo is driven off the exhaust and yes it will restrict the exhaust flow but the trade off is worth the hp gain, now if you are running 1/8 mile events the supercharger will usually net a better et but if you are running 1/4 mile then turbo will back half harder and will result in more mph and quicker et.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Comp turbos' no oil lines required.
Shielding not required if low mount just replacing the cats.
IMO why go centri when a turbo works very similar without having any belt issues.:thumbsup:
What belt issues? :D

I am not advocating one way or the other. However my track car is turbo and my daily is Centri.

There is a reason for that but everyone has an opinion and an anal cavity so it is what it is.
Sponsored