Sponsored

How to get speaker level inputs for sub without disconnecting rear speakers???

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

As the title states, how do I go about connecting to my rear speakers to get signal to the sub without disconnecting them. I guess what I'm really asking is can I run wiring from the rear speakers in series or parallel and connect to the amp? My worry about just connecting directly off the the positive and negative speaker terminals and running in parallel to the sub amp is that the resistance might change? Or won't the wiring to the sub change it enough to make a difference? Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

--Tom

Ah, and while I'm at it, is 4 gauge wire thick enough to supply power for a Rockford Fosgate Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Sub (P300-10)?
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
most amps have very high impedance on their inputs in excess of 100k. Thus they will not effect the speaker impedance or draw any more power..

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've already ordered a sub box and am getting ready to order an amp and speaker. I'll also need a converter.

I'm poking around the forums now...

One thing I'm looking for is where, physically, to grab the rear speaker wires to tap them. Obviously; I can dig around, but I would like to disassemble as little of the interior as possible. :)

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
There is no need to tap into the rear speaker wires if you use the harness from the link I posted. If you have a premium mustang it should be plug and play. However, if you have a base mustang, then you will need to purchase the programmer as well. Read thru the post and watch the video I posted above and it will explain exactly what you will need.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
This is what you need. Simple and clean connection. It took me about an hour to install. See link below.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63512&highlight=audio+harness
Can this be plugged in at the amp in the kick panel or does if have to go behind the head unit? I really didn't want to pull the console apart. I'm going to do a search, but I don't suppose anyone can point me to a good video on how to remove the factory radio?

Also, I emailed him at [email protected] on Wednesday and have yet to get a reply. How do I go about ordering one of those connectors?

Thanks!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Hi Guys,

As the title states, how do I go about connecting to my rear speakers to get signal to the sub without disconnecting them. I guess what I'm really asking is can I run wiring from the rear speakers in series or parallel and connect to the amp? My worry about just connecting directly off the the positive and negative speaker terminals and running in parallel to the sub amp is that the resistance might change? Or won't the wiring to the sub change it enough to make a difference? Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

--Tom

Ah, and while I'm at it, is 4 gauge wire thick enough to supply power for a Rockford Fosgate Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Sub (P300-10)?
If you are just looking to connect a sub/amp and don't want to change the rest of the system, the this is what you need;
http://www.autozone.com/ignition/el...pcs-red-22-18-gauge-t-tap-terminal/182518_0_0

And like cking says, tapping the rear speakers won't mess anything up.

If you want to add additional amps and change speakers, then go with the harness suggested by El_Centenario.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Climb into the trunk, look up at the rear speakers.
You can see the leads inside the speaker frame.
I used posi taps to grab those leads and connected RCA's.
Simple and easy, no need to disconnect or disassemble anything.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575RFIF2SW/Rockford-Fosgate-RFiF2SW.html?tp=1694&awkw=75621548065&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439290185&awdv=t&awug=9073476

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_669PP607/Posi-Products-Wire-Connectors.html?tp=61469&awkw=75735418825&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=48387290785&awdv=t&awug=9073476

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Can this be plugged in at the amp in the kick panel or does if have to go behind the head unit? I really didn't want to pull the console apart. I'm going to do a search, but I don't suppose anyone can point me to a good video on how to remove the factory radio?

Also, I emailed him at [email protected] on Wednesday and have yet to get a reply. How do I go about ordering one of those connectors?

Thanks!

I have been trying to get a hold of oemradio guy for awhile...

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
did u make your own harness? i have not been able to contact the oemradio guy.
I ordered up the molex connectors as well as everything else I need to make my own cable that will plug in between the factory wiring harness and the amp in the kick panel. I will let you know how it goes...

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow

Thanks!
He has plenty of videos on youtube showing how to remove the the center dash to get behind the screen. It's pretty easy just be carefull with the clips. You unplug the harness from behind the radio and plug the new harness to the radio and existing radio harness. You can best reach him thru facebook or email. It does take a few days to get it but well worth it.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Hes been off Facebook since Jan.

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Climb into the trunk, look up at the rear speakers.
You can see the leads inside the speaker frame.
I used posi taps to grab those leads and connected RCA's.
Simple and easy, no need to disconnect or disassemble anything.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575RFIF2SW/Rockford-Fosgate-RFiF2SW.html?tp=1694&awkw=75621548065&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47439290185&awdv=t&awug=9073476

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_669PP607/Posi-Products-Wire-Connectors.html?tp=61469&awkw=75735418825&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=48387290785&awdv=t&awug=9073476
That doesn't work real well in a convertible. :)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase