Sponsored

Shaker™ Pro Audio System vs. Premium 9 Speaker System

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Your sub may blow the OEM sub out of the water but the OEM trunk blows your now 2 cu.ft. trunk out of the water.
lol space isn't reduced much at all.

And with that said, I don't use the trunk for anything. We have an explorer sport for that.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The Shaker Pro has somewhat more bass. Have it in my 17. The 12 speakers sound a little more refined than the 9. The Premium 9 speaker system, sounds alright without the sub in the trunk. Kicker upgrades can always help .:headbang:
With the bass turned up on the pro, it has significantly more bass. For an OEM car, it's not bad at all.

As for the extra 3 speakers, the best way I could describe it is more immersion.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I added a Zenclosure single 10'' rear facing sub box with a Kicker CVX and Kicker CXA600.1 mono amp. It absolutely blows the stock 12 speaker sub away. Not even remotely comparable. In my 16 I have the 9 speaker and my moms ecoboost has the 12. Any time I drive hers I am disappointed in the sound. I got their box that has the built in amp rack, so everything is hidden between the rear seat back and the amp rack space. I don't use my trunk pass through, so it was a huge win for me. The only wiring you can see is my LOC that I used.

Did you need the LOC? That amp claims to work with the signal from the speaker wires. I am curious because my zenclosure box is on its way and I am going with a JL amp that accepts high level inputs. I had originally planned on a LC2i between the rear speaker wire and the amp but if I don't need it I will skip it. Did you have issues without it or did you start with the LOC in the first place just to avoid any problems?

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I don't know why the quote is not in a "quote box" in the above post, sorry for any confusion.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I went the route of having a sub added to my car. Went to a local audio pro shop and they custom molded and built me a box for a 10 kicker I had laying around. I also bought a LC2ib and a Alpine MV500 amp for it. All said and done my sound is great now. The 10 hits hard and it looks OEM to boot.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
After having decent aftermarket stereo systems for the last quarter century, the 9 speaker shaker is not too bad and I would estimate that tons of folks would find it satisfactory. However, I am accustomed to much better SQ and as such, I am in the final stages of gear acquisition.

The goal of the install will be a 100 percent stock appearance in the cabin and the ability to transport two sets of golf clubs in the trunk.

To facilitate this, I will be using the stock deck that has been de-equalized and factory dsp shut off via obd2 port. A Helix DSP will take care of the time alignment and eq duties. Next in the signal chain will be two Mosconi Zero 3s and a Mosconi Zero 1 for the front stage amplification of Morel Elate Ti 603s. The sub is still up in the air as I may recycle my Helix SPXL 1000 amp paired to a Helix SPXL 12. I'm currently (pun intended) looking for a high output alternator solution as all this gear will present quite a load on electrical.

If folks are interested, I can start a build log when the install kicks off.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I added a Zenclosure single 10'' rear facing sub box with a Kicker CVX and Kicker CXA600.1 mono amp. It absolutely blows the stock 12 speaker sub away. Not even remotely comparable. In my 16 I have the 9 speaker and my moms ecoboost has the 12. Any time I drive hers I am disappointed in the sound. I got their box that has the built in amp rack, so everything is hidden between the rear seat back and the amp rack space. I don't use my trunk pass through, so it was a huge win for me. The only wiring you can see is my LOC that I used.

Did you need the LOC? That amp claims to work with the signal from the speaker wires. I am curious because my zenclosure box is on its way and I am going with a JL amp that accepts high level inputs. I had originally planned on a LC2i between the rear speaker wire and the amp but if I don't need it I will skip it. Did you have issues without it or did you start with the LOC in the first place just to avoid any problems?

Since there's only RCA in for the amp, you either need a LOC to tap into the rear speakers or the Kicker KISL 2 channel (https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KI...a&awnw=g&awcr=47622911185&awdv=c&awug=9028268)

Either is fine. I would say you don't need the LC2i unless you want it.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
After having decent aftermarket stereo systems for the last quarter century, the 9 speaker shaker is not too bad and I would estimate that tons of folks would find it satisfactory. However, I am accustomed to much better SQ and as such, I am in the final stages of gear acquisition.

The goal of the install will be a 100 percent stock appearance in the cabin and the ability to transport two sets of golf clubs in the trunk.

To facilitate this, I will be using the stock deck that has been de-equalized and factory dsp shut off via obd2 port. A Helix DSP will take care of the time alignment and eq duties. Next in the signal chain will be two Mosconi Zero 3s and a Mosconi Zero 1 for the front stage amplification of Morel Elate Ti 603s. The sub is still up in the air as I may recycle my Helix SPXL 1000 amp paired to a Helix SPXL 12. I'm currently (pun intended) looking for a high output alternator solution as all this gear will present quite a load on electrical.

I am interested. I have been eyeballing that Helix DSP.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

Good choice of equipment, and we all like to see pictures, so a build log would be cool... just don't use Photobucket :doh:

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Wow! I was not familiar with the Mosconi, Morel or Helix brands. After browsing at the products with their prospective MSRPs.... I am more biased towards my 401K! I would sure love to hear it though!!!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Wow! I was not familiar with the Mosconi, Morel or Helix brands. After browsing at the products with their prospective MSRPs.... I am more biased towards my 401K! I would sure love to hear it though!!!
Yeah, they are definitely geared towards hardcore stereophiles :)

Rumbloki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mach 1
Are the left and right rear speakers supposed to be different?

2UeOVA56G3qYjm-7xt2hbcgELMYvJx_d1oxY_yraVp0Agvi22LaP9areMwNqXMsyntXIEL-PGqPc8ABNSC=w1353-h449-no.jpg

Last edited:

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Yeah, they are definitely geared towards hardcore stereophiles :)
For sure. I'm not even that extreme, just wanted stuff not made in China.

Good choice of equipment, and we all like to see pictures, so a build log would be cool... just don't use Photobucket :doh:
I'll make an attempt at a build log. Ironically, I don't have a decent camera so we'll see how that turns out. Have all the gear except the front components and some wires and fittings. An alternator is also still in the works. As long as Harvey doesn't flood me out, I hope to start in the next month or so.
Sponsored