Mustang oversupply?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Who really cares about resale value. I bought it to enjoy for many many years to come. The more the merrier and good to see a car that is a ford a ball :thumbsup::ford: no out of reach like the falcon gts and hsvs
I get your point and my Pony does put a smile on my face:D I bet anyone would love the resale on that XC Cobra.
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Of course anything sells, when you keep discounting. Ford=big discounting.
You have no idea what the business case is. Sinclair Ford have their finger on the pulse and they move cars well.

Once the features and pricing are known of the 2018, there will most likely be a rush on leftover cars.

My money is on Q3 for the 2018.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I get your point and my Pony does put a smile on my face:D I bet anyone would love the resale on that XC Cobra.
:D:lol:resale is irrelevant if ya NEVER going to sell :headbang::thumbsup::love:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Will you be happy to drop 50% in three years or so? If Ford continues with current strategy, that's what your facing.
It's just a car, you're pretty much guaranteed to drop around 50% of value in 3 years. That's right on the average. If you're worried about depreciation you either shouldn't be buying new cars or should be keeping them for the long term to distribute that depreciation over a longer term.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
It's just a car, you're pretty much guaranteed to drop around 50% of value in 3 years. That's right on the average. If you're worried about depreciation you either shouldn't be buying new cars or should be keeping them for the long term to distribute that depreciation over a longer term.
True to a point, regarding resale, and i should be keeping mine, maybe until S650 arrives in 2021 or so. That's if S650 stays RHD.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I laughed at dealers trying to quote me RRP 2 months ago
What is the current rate at a dealership? GT, manual, fastback. Curious.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
What is the current rate at a dealership? GT, manual, fastback. Curious.
Not sure if this is an indication of over supply but a Melbourne dealership has at last count 79 Mustangs for sale, they have a brand new manual GT for under 57K d/away.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is an indication of over supply but a Melbourne dealership has at last count 79 Mustangs for sale, they have a brand new manual GT for under 57K d/away.
Cheers for the info. :cheers:

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
2015 used Red GT on Carsales at $46 K.
That car has been in an accident. Something the owner is neglecting to say. Also the owner is not female. Just standard garbage

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That car has been in an accident. Something the owner is neglecting to say. Also the owner is not female. Just standard garbage
buyers beware.!! we should be able to report it.. if they advertise (female when its not) and do not declare stuff technically its fraud. not sure why people think female drivers count for anything. if any only make thing worst (stereotype is female cant drive). truth is regardless of sex, people who like cars gonna look after it and if they dont male or female is gonna be just as bad.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
I'm waiting for a comp orange GT to get down to ~$30k, so I can have my current weekender and then a big angry orange track monster.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
buyers beware.!! we should be able to report it.. if they advertise (female when its not) and do not declare stuff technically its fraud. not sure why people think female drivers count for anything. if any only make thing worst (stereotype is female cant drive). truth is regardless of sex, people who like cars gonna look after it and if they dont male or female is gonna be just as bad.
Yeah I know the owner of that one, he seemed to think that would help sell his car better but I just think it is dishonest

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Just received email from my dealer. Proclaimed, largest Mustang dealer in AUS, Bayford epping, is having "Mega Mustang sale" Sept 9. With "never to be repeated pricing". I'm so excited. :paddle:
Sponsored