Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Always find it funny when a salesperson questions you wanting a stick haha, so you tell them you'd rather shift yourself and 90% of the time they say stuff like "well the auto has a slapstick" or "oh but you should try the paddle shifters!" Yaaaaa I need 3 pedals.

Early congrats to you.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
No Performance Pack on the '18????

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
why not sell it and save yourself thousands
+1 if you have another vehicle to use you'd probably get more on a private sale but have to deal with tire kickers, dreamers, joy riders and people who like to play games and waste time. Craig's list is full of them.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
What was the deciding factor that caused you to make the switch? New features? Just wanted something new?

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Ordered a 2018 GT Premium this morning. Oxford White with black leather and red insert interior, 3:55 rear and all the good stuff. My salesman asked if I was sure that I wanted a manual transmission ? My answer " I have been grabbing gears since I was 18, why stop now ? Your 2015 GT only has 26,000 miles on it. Yes I know therefore I expect a great trade in price. Check this out, I asked if I could swap out the jack and spare from my 15 and trade the inflator kit from the 18? he said no problem. Let the games begin.

PS: Thanks for all the well whishes. To answer most questions (1) What I got I'd rather not disclose. (2) I can not be bothered with people wasting my time or just taking my car for a ride. (3) I usually buy a new car every few years along with all the new stuff at half the price. (4) Did not go for the PP, I no longer race come on I'll be 74 in September. (4) My decision to go to the 18 hinged on new style , color, and stick shift. My 15 auto was fast as hell but there is nothing better than rowing gears and hearing your favorite tunes.
Enjoy the new ride. :cheers::headbang:

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
So I take it your'e not willing to disclose your numbers?

When are you expecting delivery?

Sponsored

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
What's worse is if you buy a used car off Craigslist CA wants you to pay full sales tax on it lol and let's say you buy a new car then 2 years later you want to trade it in and you get $20,000 on trade value, well guess what on your new $40,000 car you still pay full sales tax. In most states you'd only pay the difference of your trade in and the new car. I don't know how this state is broke.

Either way I'm happy enough with $1500 below invoice. I'll be going to the dealer next possible day I can. I confirmed with the with my sales consultant that there's no funny business and that it will have the GM's signature.

So everyone shopping Xplan can be beat! It took me 3 weeks of haggling with several dealers but it can be done.
Good to know - I'm in So Cal and getting ready to order - the only problem I have is the 647 wheels are not showing up yet.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's just so exciting with all this trigger pulling,we really need a pole,that gives color,options,A/T -stick,wheels,engine. Date and time of day the trigger was pulled,salesmans name,Ford dealer, state purchased in,weather forcast for first drive,and address so we can send a congrats card.:D:thumbsup:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm calling my salesman tomorrow to see if he put my order as stock or retail, and whether he can change it to a stock order if it was retail. Otherwise I might just have to switch to someone else that can.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm calling my salesman tomorrow to see if he put my order as stock or retail, and whether he can change it to a stock order if it was retail. Otherwise I might just have to switch to someone else that can.
Be careful, a lot of those who snuck in stock orders in 2014 had their cars built and they sat for 2 months in QC. In some cases shipping after retail cars built well after them.

Also,

Precisely...my 2015 was built on September 6, got it on November 4. Had to watch a lot of people start driving them while I hurried up and waited :-)

This is what someone told me on 2018 Mustang Production Starts 10/2 (Update: Scheduling Starts 8/24/17)
Sponsored