Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Got a speeding ticket a month ago. First one in many years.

Perfect storm of
  • Blasting around the last fun curve on a route I was not familiar with
  • 50mph Speed Limit sign obscured by tree (not making this part up - it's on my dashcam)
  • Cresting a hill right after the turn (I had lifted and was coasting)
  • Sudden edge of a small town
  • Cop on opposite side, instant-on radar
  • 77 in a 50 :eek:

I contacted the Prosecutor to ask for exception to the No Deferral if more than 20mph over the limit, and he said no. So I just paid the $169 ticket. There may be insurance repercussions - I did some research on that. We'll see.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
OUCH!

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
$169...I'd pay that any day of the week.

25 over has landed me >$600 in fines and 6 points. Where I live in NY, the interstate is only 55mph...but can be a VERY fast road.

It's awful.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I remember traveling north on I-75 on a stretch south of Florence KY where I followed a 90mph Camaro rabbit for a few miles.

I hear Illinois has some of the highest cost speeding tickets.

Indiana may be too conservative a state for my liking, but the cost of living is reasonable overall. :)

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I remember traveling north on I-75 on a stretch south of Florence KY where I followed a 90mph Camaro rabbit for a few miles.

I hear Illinois has some of the highest cost speeding tickets.

Indiana may be too conservative a state for my liking, but the cost of living is reasonable overall. :)
I had a long distance relationship with a girl in Carmel IN for about a year. Our drive back and forth to the Indy airport was always full of cops. I can't remember if it was 31 or the Keystone Parkway but they were everywhere. This was pre Waze so it was surprise, surprise, surprise.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
$169...I'd pay that any day of the week.

25 over has landed me >$600 in fines and 6 points. Where I live in NY, the interstate is only 55mph...but can be a VERY fast road.

It's awful.
Ahh the highways in Westchester. Which one 684? Taconic?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Ahh the highways in Westchester. Which one 684? Taconic?
287, oddly enough it's one of the less policed highways...no real blind spots for police, trooper was just hanging out on the shoulder.

Taconic they all hang out at the same spots, easy enough to spot.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
All this reminds me of when I was a little younger, about 20. I was pulled over for speeding the officer approached my car (66 Chevelle) with citation book in hand and as he got to my open window I ordered: Two cheeseburgers and a coke. Needless to say it did not sit well with him. Funny thing I spent the rest of my life in Law Enforcement.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Free tip of the day. If you have a clean record you might be eligible to take a driving class and make the ticket go away. It will cost a few hundred dollars and take up several hours of your time, but it will save your record and insurance costs.

Always call the court up prior to your hearing date to see if this is an option, or contact a lawyer. Many lawyers will just give that information for fee without the need for an appointment.

thumb.jpg

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Fl lets you do that 5 times. I got away with it about 8 times before I got certified letter telling me no more. The on line courses are timed can't complete them in less than 4 hours. I would do them at work let them run in a background window then look up the answers using google. Just copy past questions into bing and answer comes. Doesn't save any money just points.

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
All this reminds me of when I was a little younger, about 20. I was pulled over for speeding the officer approached my car (66 Chevelle) with citation book in hand and as he got to my open window I ordered: Two cheeseburgers and a coke. Needless to say it did not sit well with him. Funny thing I spent the rest of my life in Law Enforcement.
You went from cheeseburgers to donuts :lol:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Fl lets you do that 5 times. I got away with it about 8 times before I got certified letter telling me no more. The on line courses are timed can't complete them in less than 4 hours. I would do them at work let them run in a background window then look up the answers using google. Just copy past questions into bing and answer comes. Doesn't save any money just points.
Did you ever use ticket clinic?

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
So I just paid the $169 ticket. There may be insurance repercussions - I did some research on that. We'll see.
Yep, that's a $600 ticket here in SoCal. But then again, even rolling a stop sign at an empty intersection is $350+.