Sponsored

Quik Latch Mini - Installed!

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Finally did the Quik Latch Mini on my bumper cover. Long story short, the shop who installed the Whipple ( I assume ) may or may've not removed the fascia correctly, resulting in the all to common broken clips on the cover. I removed the fascia about 2 weeks ago to do the grille deletes and after removing all hardware ( including the 2 7MM screws in the fenders ) I found out the clips were broken!

I ordered the Quik Latch Mini 22MM ( QL-25-SB22 ) in Black Anodized finish. I then had a local friend/shop color match them Magnetic!

Install was pretty simple. I didn't even remove the cover, just pulled the corners away ( driver side clips weren't broken, only passenger ) and left myself enough room to work. I removed the black retainer that the clip latch into ( 2 8MM screws ), drilled a 1" hole dead center. I then utilized the small square hole behind said black retainer to install the bolt for the Quik Latch, and once centered snugged it down. You have to play with it to find the correct height. After tightening it down, I just simply pressed the fasica hard enough against it to dimple the outside of it. Then using a step drill bit, I drilled center of the hole until the 7/8" diameter Quik Latch fit. Attach using included hardware, and done.

I apologize for not having any install photos. I'd be more than glad to where I drilled the plastic, and installed the bolt. I did not drill any metal. I've seen quite a few who put it up higher. But IMO, it looks good where it is! Looks like no more than a small parking sensor!

Figure these will hold me over until I end up getting a Roush Fascia. Who knows, if I find one discounted that's already painted and has broken clips or something, these may go on that too! For $53, these are a cheap means of holding it in place and not having the bumper cover hanging off!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
brandonalberd

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
That's pretty slick. Nice.
Looks 100X better than I thought it would! Luckily I only paid for the 2 latches. Paint was free. But, they'll do for now!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
mine are broke to :( i will prob just buy the rousch front and be done

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Looks 100X better than I thought it would! Luckily I only paid for the 2 latches. Paint was free. But, they'll do for now!
I would think warranty would have replaced or fixed it.

OP
OP
brandonalberd

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I would think warranty would have replaced or fixed it.
Warranty MAY have. But the car has a 2.9L Whipple on it, and being I am almost 100% sure they'd say the shop did it when installing that, which in all honesty they probably did ( not knowing about the 2 7MM screws in the fender ) I don't think they would have. None the less, it was a $53 fix total, and is still holding up great!

Sooner or later, i'm going to the Roush Fascia. In which case, depending on if I find one used or not, I may use these on it for some security. Plus it makes it take around 5 min. to remove the cover.
Sponsored