corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't want to talk early but looks like Subaru is about to announce the BRZ STI! Now, if they put that 2.5 turbo boxer in that car and still keep the weight below 3000 lbs, then i ll be heading to a Subaru dealer for a test drive for sure!
If there's room, I'd rather see the BRZ get a slightly uprated version of the Legacy's 3.6L H6 under the hood instead. With MT.

Norm

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I've been told that the WRX is the better buy than the STI. Definitely can see it with the extensive mark up...though if the STI can't hold a candle to the GT, doubt a WRX will be a glimmer.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
So my buddy called the other day. He owns a 2011 wrx bone stock since he received a lifetime warranty from the dealership on the entire car. Was playing with a Challenger R/T on the freeway when he came up to his exit to get off. Got down to the bottom of the exit ramp and wouldn't you know..... knock, knock, knock. Still at the dealer a week later and the car hasn't been moved from outside.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I figured id kinda keep this going with another update. when I posted the other day about my buddies car being at the dealer two weeks, turns out I was wrong on how long. turns out its been there a month now. on the bright side they did give him a courtesy car that had 800 miles on it when he got it. no if I remember right he said hes put almost an additional 4000 miles on it. I think his goal is to hit 10k lol

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I figured id kinda keep this going with another update. when I posted the other day about my buddies car being at the dealer two weeks, turns out I was wrong on how long. turns out its been there a month now. on the bright side they did give him a courtesy car that had 800 miles on it when he got it. no if I remember right he said hes put almost an additional 4000 miles on it. I think his goal is to hit 10k lol

I'd love to know what Subaru dealer gives a lifetime warranty!

One of the reason I went Mustang instead of WRX or STI is because I was worried about all the work those cars need after 50k/100k and concerns about the turbo grenading the engine. A lifetime warranty would have made that a moot point.

-Emt1581

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to know what Subaru dealer gives a lifetime warranty!

One of the reason I went Mustang instead of WRX or STI is because I was worried about all the work those cars need after 50k/100k and concerns about the turbo grenading the engine. A lifetime warranty would have made that a moot point.

-Emt1581
It was at Olathe Subaru in Kansas. I think they where doing it for a short time. Not sure if they are now though. He's bought several vehicles from there but it seems as though every time he goes up and deals with them the customer service gets worse and worse.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
It was at Olathe Subaru in Kansas. I think they where doing it for a short time. Not sure if they are now though. He's bought several vehicles from there but it seems as though every time he goes up and deals with them the customer service gets worse and worse.
Oh ok. Shitty service means aggravation. Still if I knew I'd have a functioning WRX or STI fixed for life, even if it was just powertrain-wise... I'd buy one or two of them.

Hell, I can do everything on a Subaru myself except for some motor and trans work.

-Emt1581

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok. Shitty service means aggravation. Still if I knew I'd have a functioning WRX or STI fixed for life, even if it was just powertrain-wise... I'd buy one or two of them.

Hell, I can do everything on a Subaru myself except for some motor and trans work.

-Emt1581
I agree he got a really solid deal. That's why he left it stock for the entire time minus suspension. Crazy as it is he doesn't really even care that his car hasn't been touched. the way he is looking at it is he is putting miles on the loaner and not his. me being me however id rather have my car if it was my mustang.:ford::cheers:

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So finally an update from my buddy and his wrx. they still haven't told him what exactly what the failure was but he will be needing a new engine. apparently they are going to get him a used longblock with 32k mi. I told him that seems kinda sketch but at the same time he will have lifetime warranty on that as well. He seems ok with it but im thinking in my head he wil probably be doing this again in antoher 30k mi. also its been 8 weeks no roughly if im not mistaken

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
this will settle all doubts once and for all

[ame]

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

this will settle all doubts once and for all

Ummm... what the actual fudgebasket was that :confused:? LOL

I mean that was absolutely amazing, but my head hurts.