Sponsored

Long tubes and stock exhaust

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Once my warranty is done or about done i want to add long tube headers. I want the sound to be deep but not excessively loud. I currently have Corsa Extreme's. I like the sound most of the time but on a few times it's a little louder than i want.

I know once i add LT headers the Extreme mufflers are out. How does LT headers sound with the stock exhaust? How is LT headers with Corsa Touring mufflers?

Any recomendations on what long tube headers to go with? I'm looking for quality and ease of fitment.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Once my warranty is done or about done i want to add long tube headers. I want the sound to be deep but not excessively loud. I currently have Corsa Extreme's. I like the sound most of the time but on a few times it's a little louder than i want.

I know once i add LT headers the Extreme mufflers are out. How does LT headers sound with the stock exhaust? How is LT headers with Corsa Touring mufflers?

Any recomendations on what long tube headers to go with? I'm looking for quality and ease of fitment.
If you get the touring mufflers, they'll be pretty close to the same volume with LTs as the Xtreme on stock headers. Xtreme may still be just a little louder, tbh.

I'd go for ARHs with 3" connect for Corsa (you remove the reducers at the front of the double X-pipe).

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
I am currently having long tubes with no cats installed and will be running the stock exhaust. I will pick my car up tomorrow and will let you know how loud. There are a few threads on the forum of other members who have run the stock exhaust with long tubes. I went with American Racing Headers, great price and from what I have read they are one of the best fitting headers out there.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I agree, the Corsa Touring AB would be a good option using 3". By using the small dia stock exhaust you're not getting the full benefit from the LT's plus the sound may be on the tinny side I would think.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I had a Borla ATAK catback and liked the sound but was a tad too loud, installed Kooks catless LT's and it was extremely too loud for my taste. It sounded like a full on drag racing car. I put the factory catback back on and it's louder than stock with a nice deep rumble but no where near the racecar loud levels as before. Overall I'm very happy with the sound. From what I've read on here the stock catback is not a bottleneck for a NA setup.
Forgot to mention that my Kooks 1-3/4 LT's fit great, have great ground clearance, and I didn't have to adjust or move anything.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I am currently having long tubes with no cats installed and will be running the stock exhaust. I will pick my car up tomorrow and will let you know how loud. There are a few threads on the forum of other members who have run the stock exhaust with long tubes. I went with American Racing Headers, great price and from what I have read they are one of the best fitting headers out there.

Side note: who' doing the install in your area? Decent price?

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I know a guy with catted long tubes and stock catback and it sounds almost stock. Most wouldn't know it wasn't all stock its so quiet.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how much louder borla touring catback with LT's is compared to stock with LT's. Inside the cabin noise is my biggest worry with headers.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Side note: who' doing the install in your area? Decent price?
I had VMP Performance do the install. Normally I would have tried to tackle it myself but I heard horror stories about the AC line of the back of the compressor being an issue with the install. So I bit the bullet and paid to have them installed by someone with more experience.

I got a decent price considering the amount of labor involved with installing them, I didnt really shop around too much because they are pretty much the only reputable company that I would trust in my immediate area to do the install. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
I agree, the Corsa Touring AB would be a good option using 3". By using the small dia stock exhaust you're not getting the full benefit from the LT's plus the sound may be on the tinny side I would think.
The only time I have seen the exhaust get on the tinny side was a combination of longtubes and x or h pipe and the stock mufflers.

My thought process was to get longtubes first and enjoy the slightly deeper sound and the increase in power until I can save up enough again for the catback to finish off the exhaust system. I would rather have the power to back up the rumble instead of vice versa. Also, I like the sleeper benefit of having the longtubes with my other bolt-ons with the stock catback for unsuspecting camaros...lol

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Post a video when you get it back... I to am considering it with resonator delete and a stock muffler/exhast.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
extremes and headers are def loud.

the headers are worth it for the power, but you may end up wanting a quieter exhaust after you add them

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
If you currently have extremes, once you go headers I would opt for the corsa sport catback. I personally like the way that sounds, still zero drone.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If you currently have extremes, once you go headers I would opt for the corsa sport catback. I personally like the way that sounds, still zero drone.
Thanks for the feed back. I got my Corsa set up from you almost 2 years ago. Mostly love the Extremes but sometimes I wish it was a little bit quieter. When I was getting the Extremes Corsa was just coming out with the sports. I'm leaning more towards long tubes and Touring mufflers. I just wish I could hear that set up in person. I just don't want it to be too quiet. Just like I don't want long tubes with Sports and it's a tad on the loud side. Best thing about Corsa is no drone. I hate drone. Decisions, decisions lol.

What long tubes do you recommend?

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Got my car back yesterday with the 1 7/8" ARH with the stock catback. At idle is sounds completely stock and does so up to around 4k, then it gets noticeably louder but still very quiet compared to Corsa's.

Here is a link to a video with my car once installed, skip to 3:45 for the revs

[ame]
Sponsored