Not open for further replies.

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
I finally installed the HUB using Ford WPT-1239 connector. Now Android Auto is working perfectly! :) I have done everything except ACM #6 & #19 transfer though.

I am super happy with this Sync3 swap. Thank you very much [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION], [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] and others for your help!
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I finally installed the HUB using Ford WPT-1239 connector. Now Android Auto is working perfectly! :) I have done everything except ACM #6 & #19 transfer though.

I am super happy with this Sync3 swap. Thank you very much [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION], [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] and others for your help!

FYI if you're not looking to add sat radio or whatever it is that depends on those two pins. I think [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] or someone else may have mentioned that #6 and #19 will help with TTS issues, but my TTS is completely working now and I haven't moved those pins. It was just an as-built issue.

Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I think for the most part I get it.
Just had a question because of the USB Hub replacement. I currently have a 2015 Mustang that has MFT already with navigation and with the current USB slot, it also has the SD card slot for my maps. When swapping out that hub, how does the new unit get Nav besides Carplay? Or is that where the new GPS antenna comes into play?

Aside from that, I saw HextallS550 post later on in this thread for details on what you'd need entirely which was:

APIM/Touchscreen w/ NAV (I believe I found one and contacted the seller to confirm and get a quote.)
ACM IF<<< You want to add HD Radio and DON'T currently have it (Not needed since I do not have a subscription through Sirius or HD radio)
GPS antenna
HU5Z hub
Hub power adapter

Also possibly the Forscan tool to program everything, from some posts I show it may not be fully needed.

From what I gathered, the 4 bolded items is all I'd need, right?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been answered in other posts, I went through and tried to read every comment before making my own.

Last edited:

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hey everyone,

Just got done installing the new system. Everything runs great! I just need to wait until the power adapter for the new USB hub comes to finish up and install the 2.2 update since it's still on 1.0 at this time.

http://imgur.com/9TEI41s
http://imgur.com/C2j9Lf9

I want to thank @HextallS550 for this wonderful thread and also the power adapter he had for sale! This was a lot easier than I thought it was and the only thing I was getting stuck on really was taking apart my center console. After some prying and praying, it all finally came up. Just need to replace about 5 clips that either snapped or have been lost in the process lol.

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
MFT to Sync 3 Missing Sirius Channel Logo

Hi Everybody,
Just completed the MFT to Sync 3. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help. I purchased a screen/APIM from a 2017 F150 Sync 3 Ver 2.0. Programmed the APIM with Forscan using as-built-data from a 2016 mustang. Carplay is working. Only thing I have noticed is the Sirius channel logos are missing. MFT displayed them. My ACM is from a 2015 mustang. Could the ACM be the problem? One more thing, should I update the sync software to 2.2. Ford says that it's up to date with version 2.0
Thanks again for you help.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Hi Everybody,
Just completed the MFT to Sync 3. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help. I purchased a screen/APIM from a 2017 F150 Sync 3 Ver 2.0. Programmed the APIM with Forscan using as-built-data from a 2016 mustang. Carplay is working. Only thing I have noticed is the Sirius channel logos are missing. MFT displayed them. My ACM is from a 2015 mustang. Could the ACM be the problem? One more thing, should I update the sync software to 2.2. Ford says that it's up to date with version 2.0
Did you get your Screen and APIM local or online?

Mind if I ask how much?

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Hi Everybody,
Which values did you replace in ForScan? only the APIM ones?

Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi Everybody,
Try and do the USB update. It just needs to be a 32GB or higher model and it should be good to go.

I’m not at home right now but check here - http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=3881&pid=100870#pid100870
For the firmware and that’ll allow you to get 2.2. I personally didn’t even know there was a 2.0 update and thought it went from 1.0 to 2.2.

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I purchased a non-Nav Screen/APIM from LKQ online. Programmed the APIM only at first. Then changed the ABD of the ACM to that of the 2016 mustang that I used for the APIM. No difference. Still no SiriusXM channel logo/art. All I can think of is that the ACM siriusXM logo display output parameters are different for MFT ACM's (2015-older), than 2016 and newer ACM's. Don't know, just guessing. I don't think that update to 2.2 would fix this.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I purchased a non-Nav Screen/APIM from LKQ online. Programmed the APIM only at first. Then changed the ABD of the ACM to that of the 2016 mustang that I used for the APIM. No difference. Still no SiriusXM channel logo/art. All I can think of is that the ACM siriusXM logo display output parameters are different for MFT ACM's (2015-older), than 2016 and newer ACM's. Don't know, just guessing. I don't think that update to 2.2 would fix this.
my ACM is out of a 2015 and everything works fine for me.

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Not sure than why it won't display correctly. It's a minor issue, I guess I'll just live with it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.