Sponsored

Check engine light that comes on and goes off without clearing code??

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
In my wife's 06 Legacy we've had an issue with the throttle position sensor for over a year of needing to clear the code. So I put in a brand new gas pedal which has the TPS built into it. So now there's no genuine issue with the TPS.

However, the check engine light comes on and the cruise control light blinks....indicating the TPS code. But it'll go off mid-ride or when turning the car on and off without clearing the code with an OBD II.

If there was an issue with the TPS I'd understand, but there's not...and the light comes and goes at whim.

Is there a sensor....for the check engine light? Seems like something is up with whatever turns the light on and off.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
no idea on subarus but on my jeep i have a tps on the throttle body itself. is it possible that got junked up and is having issues or something? that would be the place i would check next. but like i said i have no clue on yours.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
In my wife's 06 Legacy we've had an issue with the throttle position sensor for over a year of needing to clear the code. So I put in a brand new gas pedal which has the TPS built into it. So now there's no genuine issue with the TPS.

However, the check engine light comes on and the cruise control light blinks....indicating the TPS code. But it'll go off mid-ride or when turning the car on and off without clearing the code with an OBD II.

If there was an issue with the TPS I'd understand, but there's not...and the light comes and goes at whim.

Is there a sensor....for the check engine light? Seems like something is up with whatever turns the light on and off.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

-Emt1581
You just replaced the pedal position sensor, not the TPS. The TPS is still built into the throttle body on the 06 Legacy. You need a whole new throttle body as the TPS is "built in" on that model. I would just check all connections at the throttle body. Maybe disconnect them and spray some contact cleaner and shove some dielectric grease in there.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
It was an oil sensor. $19 OEM shipped....installed it, passed inspection, no more problems.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored