Sponsored

ZL1 Addons

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Has anyone had issues with ZL1 Addons? I ordered a set of their rock guards last week (Thursday) and received a confirmation later that day. It said I would receive a follow-up confirmation shortly once the order shipped. I never received one, so sent an email yesterday (Monday). I got an automated response that said I needed to call their "central office". I called this number several times today with no answer. There is not a professional greeting either, just the standard "your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system" message. Im hoping this is just a small company that is very busy, and hoping I'll get my order sooner rather than later. My quarter panels are already getting pretty chewed up and I wanted the rock guards in time for a road trip this weekend.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I got a set last year. No issues with ordering what so ever. I am in Canada and I had some questions with shipping. I sent several emails, all answered in a timely manner. I then called and placed the order after I had all my shipping questions answered. All went well. I would do it all over again if I had to.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I put the ZL1 (premium?) on a few weeks ago, they work really well and look good. Fronts are super easy to put on, the back ones took about 15 minutes per side because of the drilling. I found it easier to just install the blocks first and drill on the car as I went when I did the second side (if you're not confident in your ability to not drill too far don't try this).

I'm running 19x10 front and 19x11 rear so I have a lot more crap getting slung at the sides of the car then stock wheels and so far I've seen none of the goop behind the wheel wells that I used to get even with the stock wheels.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm glad to hear they seem to be a reputable company, but I still haven't been able to reach them. I tried calling again this morning and got a message that the mailbox is full. Tried sending another email but just got the same automated response giving me a number to call. It's been a week since I ordered and I don't think my order has even shipped yet.

Sponsored

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
I have ordered a set last week, and they shipped one day later. I got the tracking info immediately

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Yes, they are a small company that is run by only a few people. I needed tow hooks for my GT and was surprised to learn when I looked up their number that they were located near me. Anyhow, I saw their operation when I went to pick up the tow hooks. I had a great experience which I'm going to post later today.

The owner is an older gentleman that reminded me of the hot rod innovators of the 60's and 70's in the way he thinks and gets creative about coming up with products that people want and/or need.

They have a lot of irons in the fire and the impression I got was some of their products were being held up by material suppliers, powder coating, and etc. I wouldn't stress too much about not hearing from them right away. Their business model may be a bit "mom and pop", but they do seem to care about customers.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I *finally* reached John at ZL1 Addons. I had to email twice and call about 6 times before I was able to reach anyone there, but at least I finally got through. He confirmed my order had been somehow been forgotten. Which wasn’t the worst thing that could happen, as I accidentally ordered the front only, and wanted all 4. So he cancelled my order and I placed another online, which he assured me would ship today. So, we'll see.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I *finally* reached John at ZL1 Addons. I had to email twice and call about 6 times before I was able to reach anyone there, but at least I finally got through. He confirmed my order had been somehow been forgotten. Which wasn’t the worst thing that could happen, as I accidentally ordered the front only, and wanted all 4. So he cancelled my order and I placed another online, which he assured me would ship today. So, we'll see.
Glad to hear you got it straightened out. I think you will be happy with your purchase. I have the first generation guards and I think they are great...:thumbsup:

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I have these on my car. 20x10/20x11 on the front/rear with 275/315 respectively, and these actually work really well given how hidden and unobtrusive they look!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Guess I should update this thread. After John promised me my new order would go out right away, I waited several hours and called back. He didn't seem to remember me at first, but once I explained the situation he did. Somehow my order had been overlooked again but this time he stopped what he was doing and sent the guards out 2 day express. I got tracking info emailed to me about 15 minutes later. When the guards arrived they looked great. Now that I've gotten them on I'm thrilled. They are exactly what I was hoping they would be. Fit is near perfect, and they look like they could be OEM. It seems like the guy that runs the company doesn't quite have it together, but he tries, and his product is well worth the wait.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Im glad that you finally recieved yours as ill be ordering mine shortly. Unfortunatley not all good craftsmen are good on the business end of things and it can intervene on the experience.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
For what it's worth, I'd *much* rather have a solid product with iffy service than the other way around. John at ZL1 was willing to fix his mistake, too....so this is not a scam or anything. Just an honest oversight. Or two. But in the end I'd 100% order these again. Really great product.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I had these on my ecoboost and put the front set on the GT Saturday when I had the wheels off. They work well
20170506_180617.jpg

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My only regret is not doing this sooner. My car only has 4K miles but the rockers and quarter panels have more rock chips than my daily driven f150 with 80k miles.
Sponsored