Convertible spoiler????

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
hi Roush people. I love your stuff and can't wait to put some of it on my Mustang!

I have a question though... Out of all the spoilers on the market, I like the Roush by far the best for convertibles. Unfortunately, the genuine Roush version does not have a cutout for the third brake light.

After much searching, I found one that looks like the Roush, but has this all important feature for convertibles. I ordered it only to find that it can no longer be sold. I am wondering if Roush has something to do with that. Can you shed some light?

Here is a link to said spoiler

I am all about protecting your product within the market place, but now I can't get the spoiler I want because this company won't sell it to me, and Roush doesn't make a convertible compatible version, which I would almost definitely purchase if it was available.

Are there any plans for Roush to just cut a small hunk out of the current spoiler in order to let the third brake light shine? I hope so!
Sponsored

9111tiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GT RHD & S550 Convertible LHD, 09 Bulli
hi Roush people. I love your stuff and can't wait to put some of it on my Mustang!

I have a question though... Out of all the spoilers on the market, I like the Roush by far the best for convertibles. Unfortunately, the genuine Roush version does not have a cutout for the third brake light.

After much searching, I found one that looks like the Roush, but has this all important feature for convertibles. I ordered it only to find that it can no longer be sold. I am wondering if Roush has something to do with that. Can you shed some light?

Here is a link to said spoiler

I am all about protecting your product within the market place, but now I can't get the spoiler I want because this company won't sell it to me, and Roush doesn't make a convertible compatible version, which I would almost definitely purchase if it was available.

Are there any plans for Roush to just cut a small hunk out of the current spoiler in order to let the third brake light shine? I hope so!
I have the Roush spoiler on my S550 (coupe) and wanted the same for my Convertible. I ordered the Roush Style spoiler as per your link some weeks ago. My payment has recently been returned (without an explanation). I will now have to take the "Dremel" to a Roush spoiler !!!!

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yep I clicked on my order and found it had been canceled with no explanation, so I emailed them.

I was thinking about doing what you're talking about. Maybe I will just do that.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Sorry, most products sold are things that have trickled down from our vehicle program. When they designed the spoiler it was decided we just wouldnt build enough convertibles to justify engineering another spoiler to accommodate for the brake light.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Do you know if Roush is the reason this other company can't sell the convertible version? I really like the design, and if I can't get it from Roush, I'd like to be able to get it from somewhere.

I totally understand the supplyXdemandXeconomies of scale component of manufacturing. I just want to get the spoiler that I like!

Thanks for responding, by the way, I appreciate that you keep up with the enthusiasts.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Honestly i don't monitor those things so i cant say for sure why it was pulled however if somebody says hey come buy our roush knockoff part for less than roush charges its safe to assume some action would be taken to protect the brand. A lot more than most people realize goes into making these parts from scratch and its not cool when somebody buys it and ships it to China to crank out low quality copy's.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I agree 100%, but in my opinion (and I don't want to be a whiner), this is a different part that is convertible specific that Roush is choosing not to make. I would just get a Roush one and try to notch it myself for the third brake light, but I think these guys would do a better job than I can.

Does this make sense? I don't know if I am explaining it correctly. I really like the Roush stuff that I've seen and want to put it on my car, but in this instance, I can't and that disappoints me.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I get what you're saying, but when they sell as product that isnt even ours but use our name in the description theres an issue. I'll also be honest reading farther into the ad I'd say you're better off without it. That one is a peel and stick so i am going to say fitment is probably quite poor and i doubt itll stay on very long with nothing but 3m tape holding it down. There is a reason ours bolts on.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I get what you're saying.

So followup question - is the Roush spoiler solid ABS plastic? Meaning, if I wanted to notch out a spot for the 3rd brake light, would I have to fill in the inside?

Sponsored

9111tiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GT RHD & S550 Convertible LHD, 09 Bulli
I get what you're saying.

So followup question - is the Roush spoiler solid ABS plastic? Meaning, if I wanted to notch out a spot for the 3rd brake light, would I have to fill in the inside?
The Roush spoiler is not solid, so you can't rebate it around the Brake Light. However if you remove the centre bolts ( where the brake light is ) it does fit and still shows most of the Brake Light

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks, I found another different one that works perfectly. It was a huge pain because it didn't come pre-painted, and it was more expensive, but I got exactly what I wanted.
Sponsored