Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
A person who wants to track a mustang at an HPDE and is choosing between a 2016 Mustang GT and a 2016 GT350 base/tech.

Which one does he choose?
I could choose a Honda Civic Si and probably not overheat either. Is your argument then that the Civic would be "more track capable"? I'm sure if Ford limited your rpms back, oh I dunno, 1300rpms or so, and took away 100hp you'd never see higher temperatures either.

Anyone interested in actually tracking their vehicle would, or certainly should, due their due diligence and research prior to buying a $60K vehicle. Are they aware of potential insurance issues on track? What about warranty? What about the cost of consumables? Are they aware of the tire/fluids usage associated? Is the car robust enough for track use?

The Corvette is far more sports car/track car DNA than the Mustang, yet the lesser models do not have coolers, and even some of the models With coolers overheat. Other cars from other manufacturers with coolers, and modes designated literally as "Race" mode (AMG) also overheat.

If you want a pure track car, the GT4 is the car you want. Overheating on the street, document it and work with your dealer. If they won't help, seek personal legal help to start a buyback/lemon case or whatever it is you can do.

As I said... clearly isn't happening to a large majority of you guys, so maybe the ones that ARE experiencing, have some other underlying problem? Seriously, if one overheats while canyon carving at X temperature, they should ALL overheat in the same manner. Why don't we see this? I think there is something else wrong with those cars. Not hard to replicate if your car actually is hitting limp mode, so its probably a very small number that are even having real issues, while some are busy worrying about something that might never happen.
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Again...

When the GT350 was first released who knew there where 2 different transmissions? Most knew that coolers would be needed in Base and Tech packs if we wanted to do "serious" track duty.

Here's an exert from a 2015 press release which states ALL GT350's get the Tremec TR-3160.

"The high-revving 5.2-liter engine is paired with the much-lauded Tremec TR-3160 six-speed
manual transmission. The unit has been heavily revised for Shelby GT350 to cope with high engine
speeds and the rigors of track duty, and to provide the kind of precision engagement, smoothness,
and reduction in weight and rotating inertia demanded by Ford Performance."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...350-350r-press-kit/innovative-engineering.pdf
In regards to having 2 different transmissions, I agree that was an odd move. Honestly, they could have simply designed an external pump as a Ford Performance part for Tech owners wanting a trans cooler. It certainly isn't necessary to Have the internal pump; would have been cheaper for Tech owners to buy/install.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I could choose a Honda Civic Si and probably not overheat either. Is your argument then that the Civic would be "more track capable"? I'm sure if Ford limited your rpms back, oh I dunno, 1300rpms or so, and took away 100hp you'd never see higher temperatures either.

Anyone interested in actually tracking their vehicle would, or certainly should, due their due diligence and research prior to buying a $60K vehicle. Are they aware of potential insurance issues on track? What about warranty? What about the cost of consumables? Are they aware of the tire/fluids usage associated? Is the car robust enough for track use?

The Corvette is far more sports car/track car DNA than the Mustang, yet the lesser models do not have coolers, and even some of the models With coolers overheat. Other cars from other manufacturers with coolers, and modes designated literally as "Race" mode (AMG) also overheat.

If you want a pure track car, the GT4 is the car you want. Overheating on the street, document it and work with your dealer. If they won't help, seek personal legal help to start a buyback/lemon case or whatever it is you can do.

As I said... clearly isn't happening to a large majority of you guys, so maybe the ones that ARE experiencing, have some other underlying problem? Seriously, if one overheats while canyon carving at X temperature, they should ALL overheat in the same manner. Why don't we see this? I think there is something else wrong with those cars. Not hard to replicate if your car actually is hitting limp mode, so its probably a very small number that are even having real issues, while some are busy worrying about something that might never happen.
Ford didn't compare it to a Honda, Corvette, Porsche, or AMG. Ford compared it to all other Mustangs as far as track capable. Ford could had limited RPMs, but then they couldn't claim 8250 RPMs either.

So for HPDE which do you choose a 2016 Mustang GT or a 2016 GT350 base/tech?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe the mods have let this thread get to almost 80 pages.....:tsk:
They clean up the posts that break their rules.

This is a very polarized topic and it wont go away for a long time.

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Honestly, I'm not even one of the names on the lawsuit. I'm over in Germany, and even though I'm sure I can signup, I don't know how it obligates me.
You don't have to sign up. If you are/were an original owner of a '15/'16 Base/Tech car, you are automatically in. It doesn't mean you have to accept whatever award will be forthcoming.

Signing up obligates you to nothing, unless you want to be a "class representative". Even that requires very little time on your part, since the chances of this ever going to a jury trial are very, very low.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I can't believe the mods have let this thread get to almost 80 pages.....:tsk:
That's nothing the Cooler Solution thread is up to 188 pages :lol:

Jam packed with most of the same non-Base/Track pundits that drive these types of discussions. This one is slightly different due to the fact the lawsuit had been filed and occassionally discussed in this one whereas in the Cooler Solution, it was just another point to argue about.

Status
Not open for further replies.