JasonB

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Off on a limb, but car handling, and then car out of control handling are a bit different, did a drift experience day just on the Sunday and was really good, they do a "Special" where you can get 1 to 1 tuition in how to control drifts or the back end stepping out, depending on the hours, and people going depends on the price, I think from memory it was 500 for 6 hours, but, you could split that with 3 other people (so 4 people, 500 quid split, 6 hours split), could be worth while for some... if anyones interested in getting this together I'll speak to the guy as I mentioned I had a car club of owners who might be interested and he said he'd sort a decent price out for it all. Tution is with pro drift teams :)
This sounds interesting too, Steve. I think i get what you mean, controlling an unintentional slide etc...?

I'd just like somewhere to explore the car, away from the public roads. The Milbrook thing would aim to make you a better driver. A drift day will aim to destroy your tyres. ;)
Sponsored

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Absolutley rag the car, you get 2-6 laps usually at those things :lol:
This is a 3 car thing so 18 laps :lol:
Still, be good to get them all in a Mustang - not fussed about driving a Ferrari etc, be better to use a car like mine on the track!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds interesting too, Steve. I think i get what you mean, controlling an unintentional slide etc...?

I'd just like somewhere to explore the car, away from the public roads. The Milbrook thing would aim to make you a better driver. A drift day will aim to destroy your tyres. ;)
Yeha so they'll teach you (in their cars) how to drift, but the transferable skill from it is how to handle an out of control car, like when it's skidding etc. So kind of kill 2 birds with 1 stone (Not your car, not your tyres, not your problem lol!) They have SIlvia's, R33's etc that they drift in, but to be honest, they ran one of the guys drift cars which was apparently pulling 600 to the wheels against their R33 and the other couldn't shake it (Body kit was so big I couldn't tell u what the car was originally lol!)

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Would have a go at Millbrook subject to dates.Sounds like fun.

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
[MENTION=25006]Mr Wibbles[/MENTION] no you should be fine.

I have done these days for years, and the only time I have seen damage from an incident was from two muppets mucking about NOT on the circuits when the organisers (and indeed other participants) should have told them to cut it out.

The beauty of the day is its all "one at a time" so no cars to hit, and all on a huge flat expanse of tarmac, so no barriers etc. You might collect a cone if you try!

Its a fantastic place to go "over the limit" to find out what the car can do and also how it feels as you lose traction etc. NOt something you want to learn on a public road or in deed on a track.

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
A quick update on this. I have spoken to a guy I know who is an ARDS instructor and Porsche cup driver. He has unlimited access to Milbrook but there are some provisos and is better suited to a 2 to one environment.

He also does a great day at Abingdon, there he can teach you about the limits of your car. This would also be a cheaper option and can be for up to 6 drivers.

I should get some prices towards the middle of next week.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A quick update on this. I have spoken to a guy I know who is an ARDS instructor and Porsche cup driver. He has unlimited access to Milbrook but there are some provisos and is better suited to a 2 to one environment.

He also does a great day at Abingdon, there he can teach you about the limits of your car. This would also be a cheaper option and can be for up to 6 drivers.

I should get some prices towards the middle of next week.

Let us know, maybe able to pull 6 easily... Especially if someone lends a v8 to [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] so he can learn how it handles and not have another 'Nc500 slide moment' (Had to be done :p )

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Let us know, maybe able to pull 6 easily... Especially if someone lends a v8 to [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] so he can learn how it handles and not have another 'Nc500 slide moment' (Had to be done :p )
People will enjoy the experience with Gary, he is an excellent instructor and he'll have you doing things in your car you did not imagine you could.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
People will enjoy the experience with Gary, he is an excellent instructor and he'll have you doing things in your car you did not imagine you could.
TMI! lol :lol:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I am interested in this too

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
TMI! lol :lol:
Grow up manders ;)

Must admit, I would like to be able to drive mine a little harder. The only time I have driven spirited really was up in Scotland, and even then because I lack any proper experience I know I don't go anywhere near the cars limits, which seems a waste!

Well up for anything that wont ruin my tires in a matter of minutes :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Grow up manders ;)

Must admit, I would like to be able to drive mine a little harder. The only time I have driven spirited really was up in Scotland, and even then because I lack any proper experience I know I don't go anywhere near the cars limits, which seems a waste!

Well up for anything that wont ruin my tires in a matter of minutes :cheers:
Good way to see the pzeros out ;)!