trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Hi Guys

I recently picked up a 2016 GT/CS with the Shaker Pro Audio. My lease on my BMW 4 series just ended. It has the HK premium, without changing the settings it sounded like crap, but after playing around with it, I was able to lock in some really good settings.

I really don't want to go aftermarket right now, but I'm curious if anyone has an optimum settings? I cant seem to get overall consistent good sound, either too much bass or too much treble or highs.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've found that since replacing the awful 8" Shaker sub with a 10" kicker in a zen enclosure and powering it with a Kicker amp, the other speakers aren't bad, sound quite nice actually

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
Hi Guys

I recently picked up a 2016 GT/CS with the Shaker Pro Audio. My lease on my BMW 4 series just ended. It has the HK premium, without changing the settings it sounded like crap, but after playing around with it, I was able to lock in some really good settings.

I really don't want to go aftermarket right now, but I'm curious if anyone has an optimum settings? I cant seem to get overall consistent good sound, either too much bass or too much treble or highs.
Try playing with 'Occupancy Mode' in audio settings.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've found that since replacing the awful 8" Shaker sub with a 10" kicker in a zen enclosure and powering it with a Kicker amp, the other speakers aren't bad, sound quite nice actually
Do you have more info on this or a thread?

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How many watt would I need?
mine is 400w rms, which offers clean bass, youre not gonna rattle your neighbors windows at that level lol, but its good solid bass. its up to you what is good for you

Try playing with 'Occupancy Mode' in audio settings.
indeed, set to driver offers much better sound

Do you have more info on this or a thread?
I do not, I just did some searches and found the info I needed. I used a harness from [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] to grab my low level signal before the amp, as I have a Premium Shaker car

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
My settings:
Occupancy mode: All Seats
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: Max
Balance: 0
Fader: 0

Sounds okay.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
There is no one set of settings that will sound perfect to anyone unless ALL OF your audio sources were recorded at the exact same levels and EQ settings.

For example, most FM radio music is actually low-bit-rate MP3s played through a compressor to normalize volume levels before being broadcast. So you set your bass/mid/treble to sound good with that.

Then you pop in a CD of Rap/Techno music which are usually recorded with elevated bass EQ settings. Now your "perfect EQ" sounds totally bassed-out and your door speakers are probably "farting out" from too much bass.

You will benefit overall from having a real sub vs. the OEM Shaker "sub." There are a few good options out there from the JL Audio Stealthbox (expensive but awesome) to the Zen enclosures which are also very good.

Link in my sig to my Stealthbox install if you're interested.
Sponsored