Sponsored

What is our mustang worth??

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
We have been tossing the idea around of selling our 2016 GT, in the efforts of trying something new. Its been an absolutely wonderful car, we just go through them fast. Still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. No accidents, stories, or issues. Owned since new. Car has 13.5k miles, and is tastefully modded with a few suspension bits, Bassani catback, and wheel spacers. Engine is bone stock. Car has been detailed head to toe and sealed with Cquartz UK. We are located in Houston TX.

2016 Mustang GT Premium
Performance Package
400A Package (Back up sensors, homelink, dimming mirror, etc)
Navigation
6spd Manual

Any and all modifications and their installation were documented in this thread;

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52273

Those of you sitting around in the market and have seen them come and go, what do you think is a fair price for this car, private sale??

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
You'll take the biggest hit in the first year of ownership. Guessing the car listed for $42+k and I know trade in value is around $32-33 my best estimate, maybe less ... its different in every market. Mods mean nothing to most buyers, especially dealers .. they may discount the price because of them.
Private sale is whatever any one person is willing to pay ... again, depending on the market and how saturated it is with the same model. Check cars.com and that should give you a good idea where to start ... not many private sellers anywhere these days. Dealers always price high on the lots knowing they likely have a trade to turn that could be a turd.

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
If your buying a new vehicle I would first find out what is the best price I could buy it for. Then ask the dealer for a trade in value of your car. Figure out the tax savings by trading in vs selling privately. You only pay the tax on the difference. Unless someone values the mods they can probably buy a similar 2017 brand new for around 34k plus tt&l. So if I was to buy your car I would consider the warranty is less, used and 13k miles on it plus a MY older. I would need to at least save 5-6k from new so 28-29k private market would be my guess. But you could find someone who loves it and wants all the mods and would pay 35k. Good luck, it sure does look like a well kept car.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
If your buying a new vehicle I would first find out what is the best price I could buy it for. Then ask the dealer for a trade in value of your car. Figure out the tax savings by trading in vs selling privately. You only pay the tax on the difference. Unless someone values the mods they can probably buy a similar 2017 brand new for around 34k plus tt&l. So if I was to buy your car I would consider the warranty is less, used and 13k miles on it plus a MY older. I would need to at least save 5-6k from new so 28-29k private market would be my guess. But you could find someone who loves it and wants all the mods and would pay 35k. Good luck, it sure does look like a well kept car.
i think this is what I'd expect also. i just got done looking and too many people expect a lot of their money back they spent on mods, hell i noticed some even factored in labor to install the stuff which is total BS. not saying you, just many ads i ran across.

it looks like a really nice car though and maybe you'll find someone that doesn't wana hafta do that stuff and just get in and drive...GLWS:cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Consult Kelley Blue Book for a private party value in your area. Most likely you'll get the high end of the range since it's well kept.

You'll get little to nothing back for the mods leaving them on the car, and you might be better off putting it back to stock and selling the parts here in the classifieds or eBay.

Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I had over $3k in mods in my Challenger SRT8 when I traded it in for my GT/CS. I got NOTHING extra on the trade-in value.

Some buyers feel that mods actually lessen the value of the car. Remove the mods and sell them separately before selling the car.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Most dealers in this area list GT premiums for $30-32k used with similar mileage which means they only pay $26-$27k for the car.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Alex..42k GTs at the moment sell for about 35k with all the rebates etc for 17MY. I'd be surprised if a dealer offers you anywhere in the 30s for a trade in on this car. Trade in probably around 28-29k tops. Private sale around 31k

FYI.. 16GT (average 38k MSRP cars when new) are going for about 25-26k at Manheim at the moment.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Alex..42k GTs at the moment sell for about 35k with all the rebates etc for 17MY. I'd be surprised if a dealer offers you anywhere in the 30s for a trade in on this car. Trade in probably around 28-29k tops. Private sale around 31k

FYI.. 16GT (average 38k MSRP cars when new) are going for about 25-26k at Manheim at the moment.
That's likely the case.

By the way, you should really post up a picture of your Supra

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
That's likely the case.

By the way, you should really post up a picture of your Supra
Check out my page on Instagram.. Vipraz.. got a ton of my Supra pics.

Sponsored

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dman
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt Premium
Whatever someone will pay, maximum profit sell when people get tax returns or post Selling first into summer, advertise in appropriate multiple forums. And aftermarket mods are always a huge loss, I save all stock parts, u will get more $selling aftermarket item separate. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
SneakySteed

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI.

Car was traded into a dealer at 29k.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
OP
OP
SneakySteed

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So pretty much saved on all the taxes for the ND. :)
Yup, ended up getting a fully loaded ND for 20% off sticker as well.
Sponsored