Sponsored

My 2018 Mach 1 Vlog Video - I Think Its Happening!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
So I've been up almost all night doing research about the possibility of seeing a 2018 Mach 1. I know a lot of people are hoping for a GT500, but personally i'm looking for a Mach 1. I decided to put a video on my channel about all the reasons I'm thinking (and hoping) theres gonna be a 2018 Mach 1. Check it out, let me know what you guys think, and enjoy!

Maybe a 500hp CPC Voodoo......?
Just Dreaming....
Sponsored

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
So I've been up almost all night doing research about the possibility of seeing a 2018 Mach 1. I know a lot of people are hoping for a GT500, but personally i'm looking for a Mach 1. I decided to put a video on my channel about all the reasons I'm thinking (and hoping) theres gonna be a 2018 Mach 1. Check it out, let me know what you guys think, and enjoy!

Nice video. It's terrific seeing a young guy like you that appreciates what a Mach 1 is. Truthfully I am getting ready to buy a GT350 and ifI had a high-level of certainty that a Mach 1 was coming out and would have some options that I list below I would definitely be interested.

Something about the engine that made it special, more displacement, or more power but something and something significantly more like 40 HP. (Ideally the VooDoo Engine with an auto would be perfect as the Mach 1 was a 1/4 mile monster)

the GT350 brakes and suspension (probably just like the 2018 performance pack)

I like how the OP thinks but since I had a love affair with 71-73 Mach 1's I would prefer a NASA style hood over the shaker. (I owned a 2004 Mach 1 BTW in torch red)

Wheels that resembled the old Magnum 500 wheels

An adjustable rear spoiler like the 1969-1973 Mach 1's.

Custom seats

a stripe package similar to the 1971-1972 Mach 1's (best stripe theme IMO)

And it may sound corny but a tune from the factory that makes it have a lumpy idle. Mach 1 to me is a 351C with a nice cam. (Admittedly I do prefer the 351W for obvious reasons as the 351C had a bottom end that wasn't very stout with an oil circuit that oiled the engine in reverse was not a smart idea) (all V8 Ford engine would oil the crankshaft then oil the cam then the valve train. Not a 351C they oiled the cam, then the crankshaft. The crankshaft being the end of the oil circuit was not a smart idea. The #4/8 rod journal used to starve for oil in more worn engines as the tolerances loosened up)

And lastly because I am bias I would love to see the return of Grabber Green. I love Green Mustangs and I owned a Gotta Have It Green GT and loved it but Grabber green would be the cats pajamas. It's the only grabber color ford has yet to re-release.......other than the awful grabber lime they had for maybe a year but they can keep that one. LOL

So a 2019 Grabber Green Mach 1 with an automatic VooDoo drivetrain would be a sweet deal. with all of the trimmings I described above.

I know I am a dreamer but if I knew it would be something cool like that I would wait rather than buy a GT350.

The top pic is grabber green. By far the best Green Ford ever had IMO and the only grabber color I do not want to see return is the Lime Green Below.
JULY%2015%2C%202007%20006.jpg
1971_00057_01.jpg

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Not that a Mach 1 would be cool but I would love to see the boss come back
Sponsored