Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished shopping around for other options with more space. I look at my car in the garage and at first glance I’m in love. I turn it on and I get a chubby. When I’m at speed on the freeway, it eats miles like skittles. These are all great attributes of the car.

The not so great attributes are the other things I had and miss. I’m not sure if I need them or want them. I miss the bigger back seat, automatic, and more space for a little more utility. Sometimes I get tired of rowing gears in heavy traffic or just running multiple errands in the same day. I have to think twice if I’m taking the right car for just a trip to the hardware store. We’re a family of 5 but our oldest has his own car now. For now we barely fit with my 9 and 11 year olds. This impulse buy is starting to wear on me. I never wanted to find myself in this situation. I don’t know what I’m going to do but for now patience is necessary. It’s not a serious situation but one that I know will continue to bug me.

The car I was impressed with before finding this unicorn of a Saleen was a Chrysler 300S. I still think about that car. Am I smoking crack if I make that switch? Any of you in a similar predicament?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I guess you don't have the option to have two cars? When you need space you could take look at a Challenger or Charger. :shrug:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Keep the Mustang for weekends and fun days and get another car for DD and family stuff. You'll regret selling the Mustang.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Keep the Mustang for weekends and fun days and get another car for DD and family stuff. You'll regret selling the Mustang.
This.

You can get a decent DD for less than the depreciation hit you you will take for selling a 2017. It will be a soul-less appliance that the wife and kids will love and driving it will make you love your Mustang more.

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
No crack your doing heroin lol

Sponsored

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago. I had a garage queen roadster that was immaculate with virtually no mileage. It was impractical but I adored that car. I rarely took it out of the garage, so I decided to sell it. A few days after seeing it go, I regretted selling it (and I still do).

You will definitely regret selling the Saleen. If I were you, I would do everything I could to get a second vehicle, instead of replacing the Saleen with something else.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Not to play devil's advocate but it sounds like a Charger might be perfect for you. More space, still "muscle", and you can get as crazy of an engine as you're willing to pay for. With the 392 motor or Hellcat, I doubt you'd miss the Mustang a lot.

If you can afford a nice second car then that's a great option as well. Personally, I wouldn't want a beater to be the car I spend the majority of my miles and time in. I'd want something fun everyday.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There are plenty of fun options if you just want 1 car. Here's a list of some.

Grand Cherokee SRT
Charger R/T or Scat Pack
Camry V6(300 hp)
Nissan Maxima V6(300hp)
Accord V6(278hp)
Focus ST
Focus RS
F150(nice, any terrain, fast)

Not many cars have a V8 these days because the fuel efficiency sucks. So you pay a premium for the v8 and another premium for the gas cost.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have an 06 srt magnum as well, same car as the 300 with a different body. Car is amazing. Ill put my new twins in that if i need a functional backseat. I didnt buy the mustang to tote my kids around, but the even small back seat is functional formthe occassional third. Im fortunate enough where garage space for the extra cars isnt an issue.

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you want something with more practicality but still ALOT of fun (budget dependent); Get a CTS V. Best family sedan but packs a huge punch.

Chevy SS is also a great car.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I have an 06 srt magnum as well, same car as the 300 with a different body. Car is amazing. Ill put my new twins in that if i need a functional backseat. I didnt buy the mustang to tote my kids around, but the even small back seat is functional formthe occassional third. Im fortunate enough where garage space for the extra cars isnt an issue.
I'm STILL pissed they killed the Magnum. It's the first car since the original Neon ACR that I actually liked from Dodge. It stuck out in the market. Wagon, 4 door, and a nice big v8. Only way to improve on it IMO would have been a manual option.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm definitely in agreement with those recommending a beater or second car. Doesn't sound like you'd need it too often, just when you need to drive the family around or make a stop at home depot. I just picked up an 06 outback for that purpose. Cost me $3k and only added $300/year to my insurance. Plenty practical when I need it, plus its nice to drive around in something you don't have to worry about getting scratched up or dented too much. The subaru also makes me appreciate and love the mustang that much more when I get back into it.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Second the CTS V recommendation. Get the wagon if you want the extra special version. If you still want a coupe that has space checkout a CPO 4 series. The backseats are big enough for full sized adults, and you can still get a manual or DCT if you'd rather switch to auto+paddles.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I'm assuming that you only have one car? If you're trying to haul 4 people in the Mustang (along with groceries and other items from home improvement stores), then having that as your only mode of transportation would be brutal.

If, however, your wife has a better family/grocery hauler, then I see no reason to ditch the Mustang, unless you're simply looking for something else (nothing wrong with that).
Sponsored

Last edited: