Sponsored

2017 Blk/Blk Base Gt Procharger F1A Build...

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
*Update*
So I finally made some progress! Me and my dad finished up installing the Fore stage2 tripple hat/dual pump last night. Ran -10 feed -8 return lines (Teflon) to new Fore rails and tucked everything as clean as possible. Still need to do the rest of the electrical portion this week, but that shouldn’t be too bad. Once again, big thanks to my buddy 2qwk4ya for all the tips and info!
0BFFE2C5-58D4-41F7-B67F-9889156D787B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I read in another thread you are going F1A? Would love to hear details! :)
Yessir! Decided last minute to buy my buddies F1a stage 2 kit instead of doing twins since that blower will give my bottom end all it can take lol. He’s finishing up assembling a sleeved bottom end so he opted to do twins and run big boy power. I’ll be running his catless headers, Id1300 Injectors, satin black stage 2 F1a kit with all the supporting mods on e85. On the biggest pulley I believe it makes around 18psi of boost, which should be good for around 850whp or so. I’m getting two smaller pulleys that make 21psi and 23psi iirc. Hopefully should be up and running in the next few weeks

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Got the stock exhaust manifolds off yesterday and started on the Fore wiring today. Just need to finalize the controller location, mount it and run the wires to it from the hat. Already ran the power wire from the battery to the hat area so it’s almost done!
CFB1E50F-D520-4BA2-92F7-57500BD6C762.jpeg
3C030B1D-E13D-43AE-9592-E628606423F4.jpeg

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Now we are really making some progress! My buddy came by yesterday afternoon, we dropped the tranny and put in the Penta 5 disc 4c Circle D converter. We put half a quart of oem trans fluid in the converter (just enough so it would start to spill out into the shaft when vertical) and locked it back into the tranny. Tipped the trans away from the fill hole and added the remainder of the quart so she’s a bit overfilled. Then we zipped it back into the car and played find the converter/flexplate threads game hahaha. Got it all buttoned up and overall everything went pretty smooth.

I’ll be putting the catless headers he brought me back in this week and finishing the electrical on the fuel system. It’s looking like next weekend we are going to hit the opg and the blower kit...if all goes well, she will be up and running by the end of next weekend!!!!!
A5DAB754-380D-4951-A511-8EA58CEAB01A.jpeg
02AF2D86-D117-4BD2-91BA-FE2389965E1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing this F1A going on the car! :D

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing this F1A going on the car! :D
Thanks brotha! Yea I can’t wait to get her up and running...this F1a setup from my buddies car is so ridiculous, it’s like we were shot out of a cannon on a 75mph hit :headbang:

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
The end is near!!

Made lots of progress this weekend so far. Got the catless long tube headers installed last week which wasn’t too bad actually. Driver side slides in easily with the motor mount in place, but the studs/nuts take some maneuvering to get to. Passenger side needed the motor mount to be removed, but it made getting the header in as well as all the studs/nuts a piece of cake. Also got my new base tune from Jon jr so we can fire up the car once we finish it.

Yesterday morning my buddy came up and we hammered out a good amount of work! We torn down and removed the front cover, played Russian roulette with the lower bolt on the oil pickup (putting the bolt thru a piece of electrical tape works well for reinstalling), installed Mmr oil pump gears and clocked/removed and reinstalled Mmr timing gears while we were in there. Assembled the Ati crank damper and installed the Procharger crank pulley. Also my buddy had me pickup Mmr’s overdrive water pump pulley to aide in cooling , plus he gave me one of his extra low temp thermostats. Everything went well and we assembled without issue.

Before we torn down the front cover, we made some adjustments to a few plastic brackets on the drivers side for the big red valve and I/c pipe so blower parts/pieces stared going in during front cover assembly as well. Mounting brackets, stage 2 I/c, big red, I/c pipe, intake and the F1a went on before we called it a night. All in all everything went really well and we made some serious headway on the car. He’ll be back up today for round 2 which should end with a start up video if everything goes according to plan!!
ED7F2AD4-7F55-4321-85B6-86EEA74E48C1.jpeg
371E3741-1F42-48F4-99A9-DC1B4D6F1D00.jpeg
304C4544-257E-4AAB-BAAC-FE34008AEF39.jpeg
8DE3CE37-FF54-4E79-88BE-2CDF5B676B34.jpeg
8E840562-FACD-418F-8FDE-5DC6D44804B4.jpeg

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
We are so close!

Yesterday we got lots of little details addressed as well as finishing up the Procharger install. We got the plugs gapped/in, injectors in, intercooler piping finished, adjusted the horns for clearance, wires cleaned/tucked/zip tied, plastic pcv plugged, fuel lines covered in factory loom, heat shield wrap on my return line w/metal zip ties, coolant in, bumper/belly pan on and motor/mounts adjusted for more clearance on passenger header.

Now I just need to put on the rear mufflers, o2 extender, finish the fc3 wiring, drain my 91, load my base tune and fire the car!!
311DD2D9-F894-40E8-85E3-3CD3A0D02B92.jpeg
BE57A7DE-D608-4CB6-988F-14F7B4DD29FA.jpeg
878249BB-B94B-4306-B246-1CE965698D63.jpeg

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looks great, that red race BOV is a tight fit!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Finally got it done yesterday!

Did a bunch of little things like clean out the fuel lines, pressure test fuel system, test fuel pumps on relay location, put plastic fuel line tray back on, put battery box/battery/cover back on, drilled holes/zip tied Procharger drain, loaded tune, updated firmware, did a crank relearn and finally fired it up!!

Car started right away and idled perfectly...I let it warm up, checked for leaks, put it in gear and made sure it shifted fine. Then I drained the oil, changed the filter, filled it with Mobil1 0-40 synthetic and brought the car back down to earth. Went for a maiden voyage and omfg this thing is insane!! Sounds so nasty and drives nice and tight. Converter definitely changes the driving experience and makes it much more racecar lol. Alcantara flat bottom steering wheel feels so much better than the stocker. I’m gonna get an alignment ASAP, test my e85 and start dataloging/tuning weather permitting. It’s been a long two months, but it has all paid off!!

*Info added*
The cars mileage after the build was complete is 1,690
F18D584A-1D0D-43A2-8D6C-D4DE251148E8.jpeg

Last edited:

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Awesome build, bud. I bet you're stoked as hell right now. If I see you around town I will make sure and stay clear! lol Enjoy the new power.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Awesome build, bud. I bet you're stoked as hell right now. If I see you around town I will make sure and stay clear! lol Enjoy the new power.
Thanks brotha! Yea I’m super happy with the way it turned out and I haven’t even gotten a taste of the power in my car yet...luckily I already went for a Mexico ride when my buddy had everything in his car so I know what’s coming hahaha. We can link up sometime after I get it dialed in and go on a quick trip to Mexico :thumbsup:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
On 18psi+ this thing is gonna fly lol!
Sponsored