Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing your locale does a sniffer test and doesn't connect to the OBDII port? In NC now there's no sniffer, and they totally go by what the OBD computer tells them. Anyway, I've asked for emissions revisions since day 1, but have yet to see everything green. Jon Jr just sent a 93 only tune for me to try. (Lund has been very responsive in getting back to me to get this working.)
They enable the O2 sensors. I have stock exhaust mani with cats. They had to turn them on for me to pass.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They enable the O2 sensors. I have stock exhaust mani with cats. They had to turn them on for me to pass.
I don't understand why they turn them off in the first place if you didn't ask for it.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
All this talk about the FF tune and not being able to monitor LTFTs, has got me thinking.

Maybe I should've had Lund send me a 93 tune only so they can check LTFTs and make sure my airflow model is correct. I've been getting a low RPM stumble and other small drivability issues and I have a feeling that the air flow model is not perfect.

Has anyone done this?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've been getting a low RPM stumble and other small drivability issues and I have a feeling that the air flow model is not perfect.

Has anyone done this?
No, but I also get a very slight off-idle stumble with all of the Lund tunes I've tried. Particularly when heat soaked on a hot start after sitting for a short period. (i.e. for example stopping at the store for a quick grocery trip or stopping for gas.)

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Me too, annoying but you can accelerate out of it and it seems to go away after the first take off for me. My Rev Auto tune does not do this but has its own issues. I really wish I could get a perfect tune for drivability. Neither tune is bad enough not to live with its just minor annoyances.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I spoke to Lund and it seems possible or even likely that my fuel trims are off because I didn't get a 93 tune first to datalog. They sent me a 93 tune for the JLT auto and so now I will be running down the tank several times and refilling with 93 octane to get all of the E85 out of the tank- at which point I will log the 93 only tune and obtain feedback from them.

They said once my fuel trims are verified within 3-5%, preferably 2-3%, then we'll know for sure. Lund said if the fuel trims on 93 tune are not correct, the adaptive flex logic will not work properly.

So glad I read thru this entire thread. And thank you to Lund for working with me.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Got my final revision of my Lund flex fuel tune this past week through beefcake! Top notch and fun as hell!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Me too, annoying but you can accelerate out of it and it seems to go away after the first take off for me. My Rev Auto tune does not do this but has its own issues. I really wish I could get a perfect tune for drivability. Neither tune is bad enough not to live with its just minor annoyances.
What issues did you have with the Rev Auto tune like drivability wise?

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone else get white smoke with no cats on start up from time to time when on 93? I messaged Lund about this and the acted like it was some mystical unicorn that they havent caught yet. I havent had the issue on the 93 only tune. Makes me think the small short term white smoke is too much fuel as if its still trying to do a e85 start

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
What issues did you have with the Rev Auto tune like drivability wise?
Occasional stalls after warmed up. It is not very often but happens like this:
I drive it 30 mins or more then park somewhere. The car sits for anywhere from a few mins to couple hours. I then start up to leave or move my car and it stalls within the first few minutes of driving when coming to an idle. Starts right back up and does not do it again the rest of the drive. Throttle is a bit touchy sometimes but I think that is more the gt350 tb then the tune. In the cold weather it is particularly touchy at slow speeds in low gear. For the most part the tune is great, it made the best power (it was a dyno tune) and drives fine except for the occasional stall. It always starts right back up and only does it once at any given drive (that it occurs). I can live with it but certainly would prefer it get resolved. I feel very confident if I had them tune it with the stock throttle body it would have made the same power but have zero issues.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rev auto dyno tune flex fuel with the gt-350 tb & i dont have those issues but my car is an auto to. I’m certain adam can fix that with a revision!

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Update- the 93-only tune Lund sent me is now all green in the OBDII section. They said there was nothing that could be done to get the Flex Fuel tune to pass inspection. Bummer. Heads up for anyone who is considering the FF tune and has to deal with OBDII inspection.

BTW, Lund also said they could NOT adjust the speedo for shorter tires via the tune, which was a bit of a surprise.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Update- the 93-only tune Lund sent me is now all green in the OBDII section. They said there was nothing that could be done to get the Flex Fuel tune to pass inspection. Bummer. Heads up for anyone who is considering the FF tune and has to deal with OBDII inspection.

BTW, Lund also said they could NOT adjust the speedo for shorter tires via the tune, which was a bit of a surprise.
Thanks for posting this. I will be sticking with a 93 octane tune because of this. I don't have the sniffer test (yet) but do have the OBDII.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Im glad i live in the state of Delaware. When you buy a new car here you have 5 years after the date of sale before you have to go thru inspection! By that time i will be on to my next car!

Last edited:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have received my 93 base tune and have sent in a log to Lund. Will see if I get a revision which can be applied to my FF tune.
Sponsored