2015 V6 MT vibration

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I have a pretty major vibration under acceleration from 1000-3000 rpm under acceleration. Dealership has had it a week and first said driveshaft I had an aftermarket one piece. Changed out with stock one its still there so they say well must be that one too so they order another stock one and put it in, no joy. Still doing it. They tell me mechanically everything looks good and cant find the problem. I have 8k total miles on the car. Today they call me and say this isnt going to be warranty work after a week and that due to my minor mods that they likely caused an engine issue however no vibrations after clutch is pushed in or while voasting only under acceleration. Anyone have input? It is pretty much brand new I should not have issues from minor DIY mods like intake exhaust and coils however they are telling me theyve seen it before from mods like that, so if youve seen it whats the problem? Idiots. Im familiar with the lemon law and magnusson moss act. As far as im concerned its not a warranty issue and they need to fix it under warranty I am not taking it back till it is fixed. They just want to throw their hands in the air and not find the problem.
Sponsored

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
has the pinion flange ever been removed?

OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Not to my knowledge no

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
is this a 1st gear problem? I am assuming you car never sees 1000-2000 RPM unless in 1st gear.

If that's the case, do you get the same vibration from 2000-3000 in 1st gear, as you do in 5th gear? And then it always smooths beyond 3100 RPM?

OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
is this a 1st gear problem? I am assuming you car never sees 1000-2000 RPM unless in 1st gear.

If that's the case, do you get the same vibration from 2000-3000 in 1st gear, as you do in 5th gear? And then it always smooths beyond 3100 RPM?
Yes all gears and it smoothes out a lot after that. It doesnt completely go away but it isnt mind numbing after 3k rpm

Sponsored

OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
All of my performance parts have been on for months. As for the issue when it started it was wet where I was i spun the tires on take off from a stop slightly and traction control kicked on and stopped the spinning of the tires then the problem of the vibration started and has not gone away. At first i thought something with whatever controls the tranction control but it isnt getting any better

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
it's weird that it smooths after 3000 RPM. However, I would still start by looking at wheels / tires. Not sure if the Ford dealership is ideal for doing a tire spin / balance. You might haul your car over to a Discount Tire or equiv.

OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
it's weird that it smooths after 3000 RPM. However, I would still start by looking at wheels / tires. Not sure if the Ford dealership is ideal for doing a tire spin / balance. You might haul your car over to a Discount Tire or equiv.
Cant be wheel or tire as it goes away completely coasting with clutch in or when clutch is pressed going downhill or pushing it in to shift it disappears. It has to be trans or driveline related

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
If it goes away when you are coasting, it isn't driveline related. That stuff is all still spinning... Is it speed dependent? ie, does it at 2000rpm no matter what the speed is? Could be clutch or transmission.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Cant be wheel or tire as it goes away completely coasting with clutch in or when clutch is pressed going downhill or pushing it in to shift it disappears. It has to be trans or driveline related
makes sense

As for the issue when it started it was wet where I was i spun the tires on take off from a stop slightly and traction control kicked on and stopped the spinning of the tires then the problem of the vibration started and has not gone away.
still its' hard to imagine the above goofing any steel components in the drive train. Whereas with spinning tires, those little lead weights can easily fling off.

it appears you have a number of mods, including a tune. All that may cause the Ford dealer anxiety. One approach is to get an independent mechanic to diagnose the car, and then based on that, estimate the likelihood of getting a Ford warranty repair.

I would still start at a tire shop as that's the low hanging fruit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If only I was made of money lol but no I barely afford the car as it is. I can have them check it but like I said it is only under acceleration not coasting. As for the tune its not in the car and wasnt when I took the car to them. All revertted to stock tune. The mods did not do this. Regardless for them to void warranty they would have to prove the modification did it under the magnusson moss act. Not to mention the dealership put most of the mods on and told me it wouldnt break warranty if they did the install on those only thing they didnt install were the coils and air filter/TB which I did, a reputable transmission shop did the one piece shaft install and I have all of the original parts still.

makes sense

still its' hard to imagine the above goofing any steel components in the drive train. Whereas with spinning tires, those little lead weights can easily fling off.

it appears you have a number of mods, including a tune. All that may cause the Ford dealer anxiety. One approach is to get an independent mechanic to diagnose the car, and then based on that, estimate the likelihood of getting a Ford warranty repair.

I would still start at a tire shop as that's the low hanging fruit.

OP
OP

BLK2015V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If it goes away when you are coasting, it isn't driveline related. That stuff is all still spinning... Is it speed dependent? ie, does it at 2000rpm no matter what the speed is? Could be clutch or transmission.
No doesn matter its a problem at all speeds. Same rpm no matter the speed. I just got a call saying they think its the engine. They did a head replacement a few months ago due to the first one becoming porus and they think it may be an issue with the work they did.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
but like I said it is only under acceleration not coasting
right

so constant velocity, 2500 RPM (not accelerating ), no vibration? What happens if you go up a hill with cruise control. Is it smooth and then starts vibrations as the engine gets loaded?

something about putting torque to the rear wheels is making something go out of round. This is almost certain an issue above my pay grade.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It can definitely be driveline related even if it goes away under load. The pinion angle changes as the powertrain moves under power. They should be looking to replace your rear gear set and/or driveshaft and make sure it's balanced to the right spot.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
It can definitely be driveline related even if it goes away under load. The pinion angle changes as the powertrain moves under power. They should be looking to replace your rear gear set and/or driveshaft and make sure it's balanced to the right spot.
why would this mess up all of a sudden just spinning his tires on a wet surface? Coincidence?
Sponsored