Sponsored

MAPerformance Bolt-On Turbo Kit - 500whp Proven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
cough cough... I uhmm knew that.. yeah.. I was uhm... just testing you.. yea. that's it! hahahah
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Please forgive my ignorance, but what debate, and what is the "BT" car?
The debate is that the EcoBoost cars sound like crap even with the most expensive aftermarket exhaust, but with a bigger turbo it sounds awesome.

What i would love to see out of this car is a 1/4 mile pass with street tires and with the tune that you get in the base kit (the one that makes 400/390 or something like that)

Being that the MAP car is a base car it should be nice and light.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
Got ya. I understand. Now.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
So no external wastegate? Any way to add a HKS SSQV 4 instead of the turbosmart bov?

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
So no external wastegate? Any way to add a HKS SSQV 4 instead of the turbosmart bov?
Adam told me he could do a custom flange for my Tial QRJ so I'm sure he can make one for hks

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I can do an HKS but I highly recommend against it. HKS BOV's aren't that great to be honest with you. The Turbosmart Vee-port that we included with our kit is much better. And yes, external wastegate is included in the kit. Ours is the only turbo kit that utilizes the best boost control method on the market, an external wastegate.

We recirculate it because to be honest with you, externally dumped sounds terrible on these cars. Picture riding your lawn mower down the street, then the muffler falls off. That bad.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Forgive my ignore, but why would someone spend $4k on parts and labor to get an EB into GT territory? I understand turbo cars have very different dynamics and are lighter, but when you're running that much boost I'd bet any fuel economy advantages are out the window.

I don't mean to troll, I'm geniunely curious.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Forgive my ignore, but why would someone spend $4k on parts and labor to get an EB into GT territory? I understand turbo cars have very different dynamics and are lighter, but when you're running that much boost I'd bet any fuel economy advantages are out the window.

Offboost you are still getting 38+ MPG on the highway. Show me a v6 or v8 that can pull that out its ass. ;) Plus everyone has a GT out here. I like being different.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)

I think the guys that do this likely couldn't afford the gt upfront or bought the ecoboost and decided it wasn't fast enough after buying it so they mod accordingly. Me personally I'd take that 4k and put it down on a gt if speed was a priority. I bought the ecoboost fully aware I was getting a pretty fast car with great mpg. I knew it wasn't going to be a hot rod or drag car. It's a perfect cruising automobile that can be pretty fast when needed.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

Because when you aren't in boost it's still a 4 cylinder, which will get better gas mileage than a V8. When I spec'd out both cars there was a $7k price difference between Ecoboost and GT. $4k < $7k...?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)

Didn't you mean, DANGER ZONNNNNNEEEEE!!!

To be serious and answer your question, our turbo kit is still producing over 25mpg. When you are off throttle you aren't demanding any more fuel than stock turbo setup. To be honest, I bet I could get BETTER gas mileage with our turbo kit because the whole engine is more efficient on the cold and hot side with this setup.

EBM VS GT is already an age old debate, in the end you buy what suits your style. If you have been a big GT guy your whole life, buy a GT. If you are a sport compact/turbo enthusiast by the EBM. I personally have owned 60+ vehicles, turbo, v8, supercharged, all motor 4cyl, and I would go for the EBM over the GT anyday. I love boost, and if I want to add boost to a 2015+ GT you are well out of the EBM's price range, and you might as well buy a ZR or ZL1 :p haha.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

Your fuel economy typically goes up on daily driving with larger turbo builds. Spooling later in the powerband means you are using less fuel on a day to day basis as you aren't in boost as often, until you stomp on it. As soon as you stomp on it, you are definitely throwing your fuel economy advantage out of the window.

Also, these turbo kits will push these cars past stock GT territory. These will be more into the headers/CAI/tune GT territory.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I can do an HKS but I highly recommend against it. HKS BOV's aren't that great to be honest with you. The Turbosmart Vee-port that we included with our kit is much better. And yes, external wastegate is included in the kit. Ours is the only turbo kit that utilizes the best boost control method on the market, an external wastegate.

We recirculate it because to be honest with you, externally dumped sounds terrible on these cars. Picture riding your lawn mower down the street, then the muffler falls off. That bad.
That's what I was most excited about, external dump :(
I just really like the HKS sound compared to the vee port but yeah I agree with you on that one. That's disappointing that externally dumping has such a terrible sound on these cars, guess no gun shots and flames for this one :(

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was most excited about, external dump :(
I just really like the HKS sound compared to the vee port but yeah I agree with you on that one. That's disappointing that externally dumping has such a terrible sound on these cars, guess no gun shots and flames for this one :(
Maybe on a future race kit we will do an external dump as the manifold design will be much different. That is much longer down the road.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Maybe on a future race kit we will do an external dump as the manifold design will be much different. That is much longer down the road.
Well it's actually great you guys tested it to see how it would sound like because I would be way more upset firing it up then hearing a failing lawn mower:D I have to get on that e-30 tune soon, just gotta find where I could take 3rd gear to redline in this packed city.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.