Sponsored

Convertible Orders

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All those factors that contribute to a short or long delay applies once the Vehicle is shipped and is in transit, correct? If a Vehicle is (held) at FRAP for 5 weeks after assembly, obviously the days it takes to arrives begins once it actually is released from the Plant, right?:frusty:
Correct. If that was my order, I'd want to know the reasons for holding the vehicle that long or I am out. I'd prefer to get one of the cars which go through extensive QC despite the higher mileage, but five weeks without an explanation is a red flag for me.
Sponsored

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Correct. If that was my order, I'd want to know the reasons for holding the vehicle that long or I am out. I'd prefer to get one of the cars which go through extensive QC despite the higher mileage, but five weeks without an explanation is a red flag for me.
Yeah it's a definite red flag to me. And even more so since the verts being shipped have all been produced in December as near as I can tell. I believe I saw one in transit that was built just last week and mine still sits well over a month later???

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
At this point, I too would prefer to locate a similar vert that is on the ground somewhere and would not mind driving a fairly great distance to pick it up. The only problem is that my 2011 is sitting in the dealer's used car lot and he has two identical verts (stock and customer order) supposedly on the way. I thought about taking the customer order car but it seems to have been made for awhile too and is also in the black hole with the other early verts. It's not so much the wait since I really expected it to be even longer, but the idea that my 46K car is sitting in limbo with an issue or issues which no one will talk about. I think people would feel a lot better if they would come clean and tell us what the delay is. The truth is probably not nearly as bad as all the things we imagine could be wrong lol

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Yeah it's a definite red flag to me. And even more so since the verts being shipped have all been produced in December as near as I can tell. I believe I saw one in transit that was built just last week and mine still sits well over a month later???
Exactly! I`m still all in on getting my S550 Mustang Convertible (eventually) but I must say, this has been a absolutely screwed up Special Retail Order. So much for transparency for a 4 decade Ford X-Plan buyer. I`m getting my Dealers GM to contact our local Ford Regional Area Rep and put in a Urgent Re-Order Priority "1" and we will try it one more time. Of all the dozens of previous Special Orders, this has been without a doubt the absolute worst experience.Ordered 9/2 and now COTUS shows built 11/25 and over 4 weeks later, poof! Much like the Malaysian Airliner that disappeared from the sky and dropped into the Pacific, the mystery continues.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, I too would prefer to locate a similar vert that is on the ground somewhere and would not mind driving a fairly great distance to pick it up. The only problem is that my 2011 is sitting in the dealer's used car lot and he has two identical verts (stock and customer order) supposedly on the way. I thought about taking the customer order car but it seems to have been made for awhile too and is also in the black hole with the other early verts. It's not so much the wait since I really expected it to be even longer, but the idea that my 46K car is sitting in limbo with an issue or issues which no one will talk about. I think people would feel a lot better if they would come clean and tell us what the delay is. The truth is probably not nearly as bad as all the things we imagine could be wrong lol
My problem is that despite the fact I want a 2015 Mustang Base V6 Convertible with A/T, finding one in Race Red should`t be too much of a problem since they all come with the same boring Black Cloth Interior with Black Fabric Top. My problem is I want the optional Spare Tires as well as the upgraded 051A Package too. Still possible, huh? Oh, I forgot to add, I require "Spoiler Delete" too. Attempting to find that particular configuration will be near impossible. Special Order it must be. Curious, I wonder how many other (early build) Convertibles also fell into Ford`s Black Hole of Mystery? Must be Top Secret. Regardless, I don`t want mine now. I`ll await the next one.

Sponsored

BOSS5L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible TY 401A 20"
Convertible lost now found...

My car was lost for a month too. Built 26-Nov and only released by the plant this past Monday. No word on why but also noted that ones built a week later were being delivered. Safe to assume that the issue was only for convertibles so probably related to the top. Maybe they had to wait for replacement tops? Seemingly none of the early build cars were delivered. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer by 5-Jan which I am OK with as it won't be driven until April.

GT82-15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 4X4, 2011 Explorer, Ordered GT 5.0 Vert
We went into transit this morning. Hope to see it later today. I checked cotus on a mustang that the dealer already has and it was delivered the same day it went to transit. Can't wait for that call.:clap2::ford:

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
My car was lost for a month too. Built 26-Nov and only released by the plant this past Monday. No word on why but also noted that ones built a week later were being delivered. Safe to assume that the issue was only for convertibles so probably related to the top. Maybe they had to wait for replacement tops? Seemingly none of the early build cars were delivered. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer by 5-Jan which I am OK with as it won't be driven until April.
Wow, great news. I am excited to hear about a November build being on the way!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dealership informed me today that (many) Convertibles, early Builds in Mid to Late Nov have experienced the same mysterious hold. Later built Units are not being held and are being released for shipment immediately. Nearly all early and mid Dec Convertibles are being released frequently for transport the same day they are built! Guess the logic of first built, first shipped only works when there are no issues and QC doesn`t put a Stop Order on Vehicles built between certain dates. Suppose its better to have the Factory attempt to correct a production defect at the Plant then to rely on a local Dealership to have the expertise to perform the fix right. Personally, I`d rather have a later built Unit that wasn`t retrofitted or "fixed".

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I`m in Palm Beach County but would drive out of the area if I located the right Vehicle. Want a Base V6 A/T Convert with Spoiler Delete and 051A Package with Spare Tire, not likely to find that Combo to quickly in Race Red, you think?
Was perusing through local dealer inventory and saw these guys...not exactly what you wanted but close! Spoiler delete seems to be the tough find....1st one due at the dealer on 12/31!

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FATP8EM8F5324933&ref=VL

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FATP8EM0F5336185&ref=VL

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found one that hasn`t arrived yet in FT Meyers, FL thats exactly configured the way I want it (but) its in Ruby Red Metallic and I`m stuck on Race Red. So far at least here in SO FL only a hand full of Verts have actually hit Dealer Lots. Most are either In Transit or still "processing" like mine despite having already been built. Something is very off with FRAP`s QC or Inventory System of releasing Vehicles. Appears there is no rhyme or reason of order of shipping.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
It's bizarre that the processing time varies so much from car to car. Mine went from production to delivery in TN in 2 days! I would be thrilled if I had ordered it, but I was just lucky to have found it in my local dealer's inventory...

picture.jpg

Last edited:

RashadJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Premium (Magnetic)
@icarumba WOW!!! That is awesome! I wonder how it got through the process so quickly?! Great looking car. Nice to get it "off the showroom floor!" :clap2:

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Thanks! Everything really fell into place on this deal!

RashadJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Premium (Magnetic)
Ok so as of today my EDD was pushed back... AGAIN. To 1/5/15. They're REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES. :frusty:
Sponsored