sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Mach 1.
I recently faced a similar decision: 08 GT500 vs ‘22 GT PP1. I was in love with the GT500 until I drove the ‘22.
The ‘22 is worlds easier to drive, way more comfortable, and just a better car imo.

you have a slightly harder choice given the fact that a ‘22 GT is about as fast as an 08 GT500 but a ‘13 GT500 is much faster than a Mach 1. But I think if you drive both you’ll choose the Mach 1.
Sponsored

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Got rid of my 14 GT500 and recently bought a Mach 1 and added a Procharger. I prefer the coyote platform. I think the 13-14 GT500s are going to be expensive to own and maintain in the coming years with parts being difficult to find. My favorite S197 is the Boss 302 and I'm fortunate to own one.
I second this. The Boss 302 is still an incredible car and was the pinnacle of the S197 platform IMHO.

I still miss mine to this day & hope to add one back eventually.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
drove a, and in a, '13 GT500 on the Nurburgring and omfg was it all over the place; the slightest bump would upset the rear end like crazy (for those who don't know, the Nurburgring is bumpy af). That car was 100% not a DD in my opinion, not when compared to the S550 anyway. I'd go with the Mach1 if I were you ... or be on the lookout for a '20 GT500 deal? you never know what you can find ,specially over there in the States where you don't get ass raped by import taxes and other crap.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.png

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
I have FJG Mach 1 with the Manual transmission. Al I have done is install the redline gas spring for the hood (hard to believe ford was so cheap to only put on a prop rod) and an oil separator on the passenger side. Will probably get a light tint (thinking 40%) And maybe a steeda stop the hop. It really does not need more power for a daily driver. My brother in laws all own classic mustangs and they really envy my pony

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
If you’re looking for a daily highway car I would go with the Mach 1. I get about 25mpg highway, can’t beat the ride. You can get a slightly used ‘23 model, pay way less than MSRP and still have some factory warranty left. I thoroughly enjoy driving mine, it has all the bells and whistles I want. Mine is a A10 but the 6 speed has the tremec shifter which a lot of people on here like. The 5.0 is almost bulletproof.

The 21-23 Mach 1’s are a solid vehicle. They were designed as a road drive able track car.

Just my .02 worth.

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
drove a, and in a, '13 GT500 on the Nurburgring and omfg was it all over the place; the slightest bump would upset the rear end like crazy (for those who don't know, the Nurburgring is bumpy af). That car was 100% not a DD in my opinion, not when compared to the S550 anyway. I'd go with the Mach1 if I were you ... or be on the lookout for a '20 GT500 deal? you never know what you can find ,specially over there in the States where you don't get ass raped by import taxes and other crap.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.png
What is that orange Mustang pictured?

jloshotz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
All I have to add to this, is that two days ago, I spotted a gray 2021 M1 for sale at a dealer, and that is ONE GOOD LOOKING RIDE. I know barely anything about technical specs between the two, but had I stumbled upon the M1 back in February, before I bought my GT Premium, there is no way I wouldn’t have jumped on that car. Just based on its looks alone. 😍

OP
OP

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
OP I mean you really can't go wrong with either.
Personally, I've always been a convertible lover so GT500 vert would be my choice. Truly something special since the convertible Shelby gets high performance + top down fun. Hearing the engine burble with the top down is just a crazy experience. The Mach is certainly cool, reliable and much newer but I would go the Shelby route.
Maybe also ask your son on which one he would like if it comes to that?
You won't regret either.
He’s only 2 and when I ask he just says vroom vroom LOL it’s the cutest thing

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Mach 1 all the way!
I've driven and almost bought a 2013 GT500 (Coupe not Convertible) and yes, it WAS a pretty quick car. Another friend has a '22 M1 manual trans car in the Eruption Green color (that color matches his new, lifted 2 dr Bronco), but I haven't driving his car on the track or anything serious like that yet.
But, I've put 15000 miles on my 2020 PP1 Premium A10 car with Magna-rides and let me tell you, the newer cars are WAY more daily friendly, drivable and luxurious than the 2013/2014 cars.

On the convertible vs coupe thing, I believe the '13/'14 converts didn't have the same horsepower rating as the coupes either because Ford was worried about body twist with the higher 600+ HP engine? I might be confused on that one, BUT as a guy who has owned a 650HP/700ft-lb Cobra roadster (NO top at all) for nearly 20 years, I can tell you I am 100% "done" with open-top/convertible cars: They're way to hot on summer days, way noisier in the car even with the top up, chicks always have to wear a hat or tie up their hair when they go for a ride with the top down, tops crack/weather with age, back windows craze/crack/wear with age unless they are glass, there are more view obstructions when the top is up, zero rollover protection with a convertible (unless you've been in a rollover accident like I have, you won't appreciate this simple feature UNTIL a teenager runs a stop sign and T-bones your car at 45MPH like what happened to me!).
If you want speed, for $7K-$10K, you can add a forced induction device to the gen.3+ Coyote and go WAY faster then the '13/'14 GT500....

Had enough yet?
:crackup::cwl:😁😆

M A C H 1

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Your 2-year-old will be able to pronounce "Mach 1" sooner than "GT500."

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Having owned a '07 GT500 (and a vert at that) for many years, that choice is easy: Mach 1.

The '13-'14 GT500s are better cars than the earlier S197 units, but still not as good of an all-rounder as the S550, IMO.

I never really loved my '07, but in retrospect I think a lot of it was because it was a vert. Too compromised in terms of handling (nose heavy, lots of cowl shake), and I found out the hard way that convertible performance cars aren't my thing. Convertible tops are for Jeeps. :wink:
Oddly I have been thinking of getting a 13/14 once I pay off the mach 1 to add to the stable. I am worried every time I get in it i am gonna go

"the mach is better in almost every way."

I am thinking of switching platforms just to avoid any disappointment of constantly comparing the cars and say "I tried something different"
OP ultimately it will come down to what you want. They are different cars so you need to decide which one you will like more.

@Strokerswild @MACHtobers Very Own both bring up great points on each car. The only thing I am going to caution us on is saying Mach 1 is better than 13/14 GT500. Yes, I think in general most would probably agree to that but lets fast forward 20+ years and think about when the new cars decades from now blow today's cars out of the water in performance. Tomorrow's cars will certainly be better than today's cars to some degree. Suddenly neither the Mach 1 nor the GT500 are all that great anymore... but people today still buy a classic 60's muscle car for a reason. @Shanksfornothin needs to decide what that reason is and then I think he will know which car will be best suited for him and his car purchase enjoyment.

Hell, his son is 2 years old right now... for all we know he might not be interested in cars when he grows up. 🤣 How sad would that be. He might sell dad's old mustang for money to buy some future technology or go on a vacation with friends anyway!!

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
Hell, his son is 2 years old right now... for all we know he might not be interested in cars when he grows up. 🤣 How sad would that be. He might sell dad's old mustang for money to buy some future technology or go on a vacation with friends anyway!!
Oh man,
That's not even funny!
LoL...
Buyback Idiot.jpg

(You know how much legally owned MGs are worth? 5 figures is easy, 6 figures is possible!)

Argpi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Argpi
Vehicle(s)
A couple GT350's, Terminator, 18 GT PP1
I have thought about that, but I know me, and I won’t actually drop the 10+ grand to do it. Once I buy the car that’s it for me outside small bolt ons or exhaust at the most. Speed isn’t the most important thing to me necessarily as much as how the car feels driving it. Like the GT350 5.2 Is just a “special” experience, it’s not the fastest, but the feeling, the sound is …special idk how else to say it.
that “special” feeling matters, and to each cars credit I think they are for very different reasons
I own several mustangs including two GT350’s, I’d say buy the “special” GT350, sounds like it’s what you really want.. I would do a 2016 Track Pack or 2017, do the inspection report at a local Ford dealer and buy a 6 year ExtraCare warranty from Ziegler or Anderson for 3500-4500. Just drive it like a normal car don’t bang it off the limiter and it will be around for a long long time 👍🏽

If you have to choose between the two in the title it would have to be the 13-14 GT500 it’s not right on, but feels somewhat similar to a Terminator, raw and old school, well for a mid 40’s guy anyway.

OP
OP

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
I own several mustangs including two GT350’s, I’d say buy the “special” GT350, sounds like it’s what you really want.. I would do a 2016 Track Pack or 2017, do the inspection report at a local Ford dealer and buy a 6 year ExtraCare warranty from Ziegler or Anderson for 3500-4500. Just drive it like a normal car don’t bang it off the limiter and it will be around for a long long time 👍🏽

If you have to choose between the two in the title it would have to be the 13-14 GT500 it’s not right on, but feels somewhat similar to a Terminator, raw and old school, well for a mid 40’s guy anyway.
While in theory I like that idea, throwing down an extra 5k for a warranty does not appeal to me, nor does a car that I feel I need a warranty on, because eventually it runs out, and I plan on keeping the car longer than that and from what I’ve read and researched the motor shakes itself to death eventually even if nothing else goes wrong before then from the severe vibrations.
You owning 2 however id love to hear your thoughts on the matter. How many miles have you put on them? Because I plan on putting 8-12k miles on this thing a year until it’s paid off at least
Sponsored