Sponsored

Is the rear deck spoiler growing on anyone else?

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
I don't know about you guys, but I find myself liking the rear deck spoiler on the 5.0 non-PP versions. I know it's not as clean of a look as the delete, but I think its pretty sweet looking actually, and it sort of raises the back of the car visually to give it a more aggressive stance, makes the front end look a little more tucked and less 'up in the air'. Amazing what a coulple of CM can do for the looks of the car. No idea how much or how little it screws up the Cd though.

Discuss.
Sponsored

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I love it...looks plain without it, interested to see what the after market comes up with.

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
Originally wanted a spoiler delete car. Bought from dealer stock (dealer trade) with a spoiler and at this time do not dislike it. It isn't really that noticable to me on a black car.

Runner12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550
I don't know about you guys, but I find myself liking the rear deck spoiler on the 5.0 non-PP versions. I know it's not as clean of a look as the delete, but I think its pretty sweet looking actually, and it sort of raises the back of the car visually to give it a more aggressive stance, makes the front end look a little more tucked and less 'up in the air'. Amazing what a coulple of CM can do for the looks of the car. No idea how much or how little it screws up the Cd though.

Discuss.
I like the way it is done on the Roush cars. They look pretty good. Not sure it is needed on the standard S550's but it is growing on me..

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
i actually wish it wasnt mandatory delete with the PP.. i like it on the car :\ and wish Ford would've left it as optional. The OEM is very minimal barely noticable but it adds just a little something. I think aftermarkets are gonna go too much with it from what ive seen from the SEMA cars.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Its (not) growing on me whatsoever. I ordered my Convertible with the optional 051A Package basically to get the larger 18`` Foundry Wheels and tires. I`m ok with the Power Seat and the Fog Lamps too. Although I paid for the the "included" Blade Spoiler I ordered mine with Spoiler Delete. I would have paid extra (not) to have it. It adds zero to the already clean lines of the rear trunk deck. I just checked out my Window Sticker to verify that the Spoiler Delete was included at No Charge.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The factory spoiler doesn't bother me, but I still prefer option 13D. :)

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I love the GT rear spoiler. It's another of those things making me twing about modding my LE.... should I or shouldn't I....Hmmm

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I prefer almost all mustangs spoilerless and was glad (while mine isn't a GT) that the PP deleted it for me. I do understand why people like them and do think Ford should have offered the PP with it as an option.

However, for as long as spoilers have been on Mustangs, there are people that do and don't want them and are willing to swap. If you have a PP car, simply find a non PP that doesn't want it and you can swap out. It'd take some work, but you'd both be happy. :)

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
I like the GT spoiler, but have the PP. I am wondering if the double sided tape would be sufficient to hold it on. I'd prefer not to drill the trunk lid, or swap it out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
The one on my EB is OK. I will still probly upgrade to a Roush type spoiler tho. I just really like the way they look.

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
No looks like a sliver of nothing so they can say there is a spoiler on there. They must not like it either made it easy to check delete and then not give the 225.00 back

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Spoilers have become so common and almost all Manufacturers have added them to there Vehicles. Toyota`s, Nissans, even Mercedes Benz. They are just a nonsense embellishment that has about as much use and utility as putting Rhino Bars over the Headlamps or Tail Lamps of a SUV. If a Car has sleek-clean lines, why add clutter to an already striking design? I personally think that S550 Mustangs will stand out from the crowd (minus) the painted hockey stick handle attached to the edge of the Truck deck. As far as putting a (value) of $225 on the Blade Spoiler, personally, I would have "paid" $225 just to have it deleted!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
That is your opinion and obviously others have an opinion of their / our own. Neither is right or wrong.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
That is your opinion and obviously others have an opinion of their / our own. Neither is right or wrong.
Sometimes on the Interwebs people forget that and it's always good to be reminded. They forget their opinion isn't a fact. :cheers:

With that said - I too would have paid something to delete the spoiler from my car if the PP didn't delete it for me.
Sponsored