Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Please don't go to jiffy lube, that's a good way to get your engine blown up lol
I get it, but then I don't. I use a local Take 5, there are a bunch of them and all of their reviews are great. I don't have to drop it off at Firestone (etc...) and come back, or sit 2 hours at a dealership for oil I don't want (See Motorcraft Blend 5w-20). I pull up, tell them what full syn and weight I want, they do it, and 20 mins later I'm gone.

While sitting there in my car, I can see how much (in qts) they pour in, and what kind of oil they grab. That is a lot safer than leaving it somewhere and coming back, hoping they did what I said.

My safety check is I drive it home, check the oil level at 15 mins, and then before I drive it the next time make sure there is not any oil in my driveway. Done till next time.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I get it, but then I don't. I use a local Take 5, there are a bunch of them and all of their reviews are great. I don't have to drop it off at Firestone (etc...) and come back, or sit 2 hours at a dealership for oil I don't want (See Motorcraft Blend 5w-20). I pull up, tell them what full syn and weight I want, they do it, and 20 mins later I'm gone.

While sitting there in my car, I can see how much (in qts) they pour in, and what kind of oil they grab. That is a lot safer than leaving it somewhere and coming back, hoping they did what I said.

My safety check is I drive it home, check the oil level at 15 mins, and then before I drive it the next time make sure there is not any oil in my driveway. Done till next time.
Don't forget now with plastic drain plugs they can't strip the pan and are less likely an employee will use a power tool to remove/replace too tight or loose. The thought of ANYONE else changing my oil is unacceptable, BUT with the demise of metal drain plugs, and ability to watch what and how much they put in I would rather use a Jiffy Lube, etc. than a dealer.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
They might have been axed by Ford to save a few pennies, but the Ronin Valve still exists. When I installed it, I was tempted to do another oil change, just to try it out :giggle:
The Ronin rules. Have one on the Mustang and on our Explorer ST.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
The Mach 1 got to sit in the garage out of the weather. I did discover my former 2015 GT Premium is available for sale on Vroom. Vroom Listing 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50th APP I have to say they're not making a lot of money off it given the transport from MA to NJ.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Crazy price for a 15. It looks
nice though.
It's totally the rear window louvers!! :like: I was more than a little stunned when I got their offer, but they paid it! What they do with it now is up to them. And I still have the original throttle body and air intake available in case someone needs them. (Vroom didn't care about any of the add-ons.)

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Bruh how they list that for 35 when 2019s with like 5k are 40k.
I think that only we know how much our cars are worth and what we would pay and not pay. But then again someone, somewhere will dish out that much for it. Worst case it blows up in their hand. They don't give a sh.. everything has a buyer.

Sponsored

ecerdas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Covertible
Installed $50 leather steering wheel cover and MSD metal paddle extenders.
Resized_20210707_181352[1].jpeg
Hey! nice combination there. I really like those paddle extenders, where did you buy them? I f you dont mind sharing 🙃

Cheers,

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name