Sponsored

Stuffin’ it, a.k.a.: What’s the most you’ve ever packed into your Mustang?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Now I am at the point where I am about to buy an open trailer...
Back in the day when I was traveling to the track nearly (it seemed) every weekend, I went with a trailer. Costs aside (tow vehicle was the big one) the benefits were tremendous:

- could take an almost unlimited number of spare wheels, tools, etc.
- no worries about getting home if the car broke
- didn't have to change tires at the track
- I could nap in the back of the tow vehicle
- could haul wheels and such for friends

The downsides are also numerous, but they're almost all financial.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Back in the day when I was traveling to the track nearly (it seemed) every weekend, I went with a trailer. Costs aside (tow vehicle was the big one) the benefits were tremendous:

- could take an almost unlimited number of spare wheels, tools, etc.
- no worries about getting home if the car broke
- didn't have to change tires at the track
- I could nap in the back of the tow vehicle
- could haul wheels and such for friends

The downsides are also numerous, but they're almost all financial.
Trailer storage is the only thing keeping me from buying it today - wife has a truck and I have another car to daily drive, all the benefits you've listed is what I am after - especially hauling stuff without limits and bringing car back if it breaks.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't seem like much honestly. I've had 4 19"x11" wheels with 305/30R19 tires on them, tool bag, jack, jack stands, some spare parts, tarp, portable canopy, bag with clothes, some food, two 24 bottle packs with water and Yeti cooler (and probably few more things I am forgetting right now).

I've also made a 1400 miles round trip to Nebraska with 275/35R19 tires mounted on stock PP size wheel with everything else mentioned above _and_ a passenger on a front seat.

How's that ? :)
I call bullshit no way you can even fit 19x11" wheels with tires and have a passenger. I have problem with 275/35 tires when I go to the tires shop so no I don't believe you.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Like the OP I've gone camping. With the rear seats down, the car takes an incredible amount of gear.

I also did a week at a cabin with some friends. I was able to get all my stuff, including my 42" TV, surround sound system, and gaming system in to the car. No problem.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I call bullshit no way you can even fit 19x11" wheels with tires and have a passenger. I have problem with 275/35 tires when I go to the tires shop so no I don't believe you.
Try reading again, carefully - and for the record - it would be possible with rear seat out and less cargo (like no cooler for example) but quite uncomfortable.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Try reading again, carefully - and for the record - it would be possible with rear seat out and less cargo (like no cooler for example) but quite uncomfortable.
Еven with PP wheels and 275/35 I'm not seeing this happening sure removing the rear seat will help with space but not enough. As I said I fit 4 275/35 tires or 2x255/40 and 2x275/40 but this is all I could take as I'm taking a lot of the stuff in the car in order for that to happen. Also my tires shop is always impressed by how hard is to fit this tires in.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Here you go - that red in right corner is a helmet which isn't exactly small. Seat here was obviously folder down but still in the car. You have to think creatively, not expect wheels to be stacked or positioned nicely on top of each other.
hint - wheel barrels have tons of space inside that can be utilized.

And I don't really care honestly if you believe me, I'm not making that trip to Nebraska without a trailer again, but we've spent 24 hours (both ways) in this car and were fine - I had no choice because person that was supposed to take my wheels to Lincoln bailed out on me last minute and drop them back on my driveway day before I left.

20190704_175519.jpg

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go - that red in right corner is a helmet which isn't exactly small. Seat here was obviously folder down but still in the car. You have to think creatively, not expect wheels to be stacked or positioned nicely on top of each other.
hint - wheel barrels have tons of space inside that can be utilized.

And I don't really care honestly if you believe me, I'm not making that trip to Nebraska without a trailer again, but we've spent 24 hours (both ways) in this car and were fine - I had no choice because person that was supposed to take my wheels to Lincoln bailed out on me last minute and drop them back on my driveway day before I left.
Cool picture obviously I need to work on my Tetris skills.

OP
OP
T.O.Bullitt

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
How did you get the bike in there? I’m good until I saw the bike, and now I’m scratching my head.
Special Tetris skills apply if you want to pack a bike along with a lot of other stuff.
For one thing you have to take your wheels off. The other key thing is you have to pack all your small items around the frame tubes. If you do that carefully, you can fit quite a bit into the back of your Mustang along with your bike.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Last 4th of July weekend I pretty much filled the trunk and back seats with fireworks (bill of lading said 230 lbs worth, 7 cases/37 cakes), suitcase behind the passenger seat, big tote bag with more fireworks equipment and some snack foods on the passenger seat case of bottle water and 2 cases of beer on the passenger side floor. I could still see out the side and rear windows, but I wouldn't want to have to fit much more.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You all have done well. I couldn't even fit our suitcases in the trunk through the narrow opening and they are just std sizes.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Last 4th of July weekend I pretty much filled the trunk and back seats with fireworks (bill of lading said 230 lbs worth, 7 cases/37 cakes), suitcase behind the passenger seat, big tote bag with more fireworks equipment and some snack foods on the passenger seat case of bottle water and 2 cases of beer on the passenger side floor. I could still see out the side and rear windows, but I wouldn't want to have to fit much more.
You forgot to list the "No Smoking" sign...

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
And there’s no way you could fit the entire universe into a Camaro, not even close.
Long story very short, back in the early 80s I fit 8 people in a Camaro (including myself, driving).
5 were petite cheerleaders, plus my brother, me, and a buddy of ours.

And to answer a lot of follow-up questions/comments.... this is the most exciting the story gets. :frown:
Sponsored