MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Here dude, I built you a Z4 M40i, M package, all the tech goodies (HUD, etc.), upgraded interior, upgraded 19" wheels, 383HP, ~3400lbs, $68K. In appropriate BMW blue :D

!_DO_IT_!

1607529010242.png

1607529037651.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Here dude, I built you a Z4 M40i, M package, all the tech goodies (HUD, etc.), upgraded interior, upgraded 19" wheels, 383HP, ~3400lbs, $68K. In appropriate BMW blue :D

!_DO_IT_!

1607529010242.png

1607529037651.png
that does look nice.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Out of those, I'd pick the Jag. Purely because they're cool.
They are. Wifey has an F type convertible. Very, very nice car for long drives and it has the best brakes on any car I've ever driven, hands down. Steering took some getting used to; it's unbelievably tight, less than half the steering wheel turns to get the same amount of front wheel deflection as on the S550.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

!_DO_IT_!

1607529010242.png

1607529037651.png
this is a legit question so im not trying to sound snarky or anything..

but what is the point of getting this over a supra? they are essentially the same car using the same platform and powertrain. except this is a convertible; and considerably more expensive. The only real differences are exterior ones. The supra looks better to me, but other people may like the looks of the z4 more..but other than that...am I missing something?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

but what is the point of getting this over a supra? they are essentially the same car using the same platform and powertrain. except this is a convertible; and considerably more expensive. The only real differences are exterior ones. The supra looks better to me, but other people may like the looks of the z4 more..but other than that...am I missing something?
Ill take a stab at it LOL.. I would think the BMW looks more mature like you could still go to a business meeting in a suit in it and it fits. It is sorta like a accord vs a civic type r. One just looks mature and one does not. it honestly is all in the ye of each persons taste. for me One sticking point I dont like in the supra or any other new car is the trend of basically putting a nav unit that looks like its glued to the top of the dash. I personally cant stand that. I like the screens to be integrated into the dash. which the bmw has and the supra is of the kind stuck on top. styling is a big deciding factor for me and between the two ( i like both actually) the bmw just looks more mature and adult. but there isnt that bog of a price gap the prices msrp of comparable models is only about 5k. in real world its zero since most supras have 5 k mark ups that I have seen. so really just comes down to the look you want. just my outlook on it not saying IM right LOL and like i said i like both. I guess it a difference of if you are 20 something or 50 something. :) who knows.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ill take a stab at it LOL.. I would think the BMW looks more mature like you could still go to a business meeting in a suit in it and it fits. It is sorta like a accord vs a civic type r. One just looks mature and one does not. it honestly is all in the ye of each persons taste. for me One sticking point I dont like in the supra or any other new car is the trend of basically putting a nav unit that looks like its glued to the top of the dash. I personally cant stand that. I like the screens to be integrated into the dash. which the bmw has and the supra is of the kind stuck on top. styling is a big deciding factor for me and between the two ( i like both actually) the bmw just looks more mature and adult. but there isnt that bog of a price gap the prices msrp of comparable models is only about 5k. in real world its zero since most supras have 5 k mark ups that I have seen. so really just comes down to the look you want. just my outlook on it not saying IM right LOL and like i said i like both. I guess it a difference of if you are 20 something or 50 something. :) who knows.

haha...fair enough if thats your opinion..

i will say for myself and any friend of mine that I know of, that "mature" is the last word we think of for a gentleman driving a z4 around. Douchey or compensating for something are probably more likely terms that would be thrown around, but definitely not mature. I do think the car is a nice car, don't get me wrong. I could be biased because some of my high school friends used to have z3s and z4s..and anyone older than myself driving one has been rude and snobby...but Its hard for me to imagine any guys over 30 or 40 driving in a z4 that I would probably want to know as a human being. Admittedly that isn't fair, im sure many ok guys drive z4s..but first impressions and such.

I would like to think the supra name carries a little more than the z4 name too.

those points definitely are based on each persons particular taste though, I agree. I just hope no one buys this car and drives it around believing people think they look mature in it lol

either way I can agree with personal tastes being a reason which I said in my first response..anything other than that? or is it all cosmetic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
haha...fair enough if thats your opinion..

i will say for myself and any friend of mine that I know of, that "mature" is the last word we think of for a gentleman driving a z4 around. Douchey or compensating for something are probably more likely terms that would be thrown around, but definitely not mature. I do think the car is a nice car, don't get me wrong. I could be biased because some of my high school friends used to have z3s and z4s..and anyone older than myself driving one has been rude and snobby...but Its hard for me to imagine any guys over 30 or 40 driving in a z4 that I would probably want to know as a human being. Admittedly that isn't fair, im sure many ok guys drive z4s..but first impressions and such.

I would like to think the supra name carries a little more than the z4 name too.

those points definitely are based on each persons particular taste though, I agree. I just hope no one buys this car and drives it around believing people think they look mature in it lol
well maybe mature was not the correct word but you got my point :) I understand yours, I feel the same way about anyone with a Veloster . All I see are vape pen smoking douche bags who think they own a supercar or something. Are they all NO LOL but thats my impression. They are all arrogant and IM like dude you have the Hyundai version of the Honda fit you got nothing to be arrogant about. But like you said I know they are nt all that way and my presumptions are off . I think all car people have a car enemy brand and owner type they associate with that car. Its part of the fun in a way .

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
First world problems... You need a pacifier?
Have you considered a career in greeting cards? I mean your words are smooth like butter and touched my heart. I now see the error in my ways.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Heck, the current Premium Supra GSR with a few options is $56K, so compared to the BMW, the latter apparently has a better interior (improved materials, switchgear), it's a convertible which is usually an increased cost (~$5K in a mustang GT Premium), a few unique to BMW options. I guess you could get the base model GSR, that's around $50K, then it's notably less a GT vs. the M40i.

When I read some comparisons, a few reviewers said they could definitely "feel" the extra cost in the BMW - and when the Supra was first released it was like 335HP vs. 382 for the BMW, but the Supra was dynoing more or less the same as the BMW, then the 2021 models upped the rated HP to the same 382 (some folks think they just admitted to the actual output vs. any real changes ...)

Plus, the reality of the situation, is BMW pulls a bit more of a premium (even if it's not really justified), I mean, it's possible the service experience might be better, BMW is dealing with 3-series as their entry level, up to $135K M8s, so maybe you get more ass kissing :D

I know when we had our X5 4.4i, the dealer we used at the time wasn't like some kind of magical experience, I got more love from the Chevy dealer when I had my Z06 :D

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Damn, you all luv to type continuously larrrrrrge posts. WTF...????

Jag F type R 2016 with pulley and tune is a pretty badass attainable car in the used market. Awd v8 coupe...what? 2016 up. 2015 was a rwd ringer. Do research and learn versus chatting like a bunch a Beotchs....

Most males on here need their F’n test levels checked. LOL...................

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well my car went back to the dealer last week monday and still no word on it. All this is doing is solidifying the buyback. Since I know I will be going back to a Mustang in the future I will be picking up a 2021 BMW M340i X Drive fully loaded. Since I only plan on keeping it for 4 years max I'm getting the 80k 5 year warranty. I put about 21 to 23K miles a year. Hopefully my 2025 all major issues should have been resolved with the new platform.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

Well, to start, one is a coupe without a sunroof and buffeting so bad you can't keep the windows down above 25MPH, and the other is a Convertible.... lol

The cars are amazingly different in tune, feel, handling and ride. If Toyota had not used the BMW cabin layout, you would not know they were on the same chassis without an inspection.

I came from 20 years in an M3, and though I was not interested in the Vert, I drove several as I was strongly considering a Supra. Z4 and Supra were priced pretty close if I remember.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Well my car went back to the dealer last week monday and still no word on it. All this is doing is solidifying the buyback. Since I know I will be going back to a Mustang in the future I will be picking up a 2021 BMW M340i X Drive fully loaded. Since I only plan on keeping it for 4 years max I'm getting the 80k 5 year warranty. I put about 21 to 23K miles a year. Hopefully my 2025 all major issues should have been resolved with the new platform.
BMW's are great cars if you have a good warranty.............
Sponsored