Sponsored

Share Your Joyrides During COVID_19 Isolation

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have an “essential” job so it’s off to work each day. Drove the Mustang on Wednesday and had a glorious drive home. You know the kind... no traffic, window-down temps, listening to the engine roar. Got to stretch her legs and take a few turns. Even let the rear swing out on purpose when I turned a corner. Swung it out and brought it right back straight with no over correction. Used to do that a lot when I was a young buck. Go ahead, slap my hand, but I still got it lol.

What sucks is all the rainy days here right now. I was stuck in the house yesterday. Had an unplanned day off because a worker tested positive and the business shut down to clean things. We’ve been very careful about access by outsiders and doing everything right. All it takes is one person to jack things up.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have an “essential” job so it’s off to work each day. Drove the Mustang on Wednesday and had a glorious drive home. You know the kind... no traffic, window-down temps, listening to the engine roar. Got to stretch her legs and take a few turns. Even let the rear swing out on purpose when I turned a corner. Swung it out and brought it right back straight with no over correction. Used to do that a lot when I was a young buck. Go ahead, slap my hand, but I still got it lol.

What sucks is all the rainy days here right now. I was stuck in the house yesterday. Had an unplanned day off because a worker tested positive and the business shut down to clean things. We’ve been very careful about access by outsiders and doing everything right. All it takes is one person to jack things up.

Same here Critical Infrastructure. Best part is hardly anyone besides Tractor trailers are on the freeway and it's hard to not go above 80. Got the place to myself. I was pulled over in town on my way to work yesterday. Showed them my CISA Homeland Security letter and was on my way. Starting to crack down here in Ca.

They are talking of bringing Fema trailers on site and keeping us here so we don't get sick. Never signed up for that.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Well I walked out to the garage, pushed through cobwebs to look at the pollen.... sad...
D7A50C63-828F-4818-B222-2B3CED5B4AB0.jpeg

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Same here Critical Infrastructure. Best part is hardly anyone besides Tractor trailers are on the freeway and it's hard to not go above 80. Got the place to myself. I was pulled over in town on my way to work yesterday. Showed them my CISA Homeland Security letter and was on my way. Starting to crack down here in Ca.

They are talking of bringing Fema trailers on site and keeping us here so we don't get sick. Never signed up for that.
Why would you be pulled over...speeding?

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I took the Mustang out this morning to my favorite little road.

sdd2.jpg

In Sport+ and an empty, curving road it was an intoxicating way to let off some steam.

Of course, I was out shopping for "essential" items. :wink:

sdd5.jpg

OP
OP
Little Guy

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Went out today and taught my daughter how to drive a manual. Great bonding moment!
That is awesome. I have 3 daughters and all are afraid to drive my car and it is not even a manual. They are afraid of what I might say if they did something “stupid”.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
That is awesome. I have 3 daughters and all are afraid to drive my car and it is not even a manual. They are afraid of what I might say if they did something “stupid”.
That brought back a bunch of memories!
Me dad taught me to drive a stick in his Ford pu that hed bought and fixed up. It was a 3 on the column and his first pick up. I got too far over to the right into a bush and it took off his radio antenna. God bless him, he never raised his voice, got angry or ever said a word about it. Lord knows I've tried to emulate him in many things but I've never achieved that level of patience.
I did manage to teach both of my kids to drive a stick without bloodshed

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
28DA07DC-A10C-4A19-8D69-A41D00AAA713.jpeg
My son picked up a new GT on Friday so we pulled out the 500 and the 350 and took a little road trip to the Saint Marks lighthouse.
Needless to say we got a lot of attention.
Sponsored